13; Hell at My Doorstep

"It's so nice to finally have Justin bring home a girl,"

Justin's POV:

I knocked twice on Hazel's door, stepping back a step as I did waiting for her to answer it.

It was 3:20AM and to say that I was tired would be an understatement.

My eyes were on the verge of shutting, burning every time I blinked...

...remind me never to reply to emails in the dark or at a stupid time.

"You're early," Hazel yawned as she opened the door and I hummed tiredly.

I walked in and she shut it behind me before speaking up, "Do you want coffee?" She asked and I nodded a little too eagerly making her laugh lightly.

"Sit down, you look like you're about to pass out," She said to me and I felt my body warm from her concern but I ignored her suggestion and walked after her as she walked towards her kitchen.

"You leaving Blue here?" I asked her, watching as she grabbed two mugs after she'd turned her coffee machine on.

"Yeah, he's staying at a home for pets...it's like a cute hotel for animals," She said, laughing lazily at the last part she said which made me smile as I rubbed my tired eyes with my closed fist.

"You excited to go to Canada?" I asked her and there was a moment of awkward silence before she hummed, my eyes opening as I saw blurs of blue and purple spots...whoa I rubbed my eyes too hard.

"Yeah, I get to see my brother and...parents," She mumbled and I blinked, raising my eyebrows at her uneasy emphasis on the word parents and as much as I wanted to know what she meant by that, I wasn't really up for a full up conversation at 3 in the morning.

"What about you?" She asked me as her coffee machine beeped and she placed one of the mugs underneath the small spout, watching as the liquid goodness flowed freely as my vision began to become less impaired.

"I get to see my family only around the holidays which is basically just Christmas for my busy schedule," I said to her, "So yeah, I'm pretty excited," I said to her and she smiled at my words before grabbing some milk and adding some to the mug that was done.

"Do you want sugar?" She asked me and I shook my head before thanking her and taking the mug from her.

I smiled subconsciously at the warmth that hit my hands as I held the mug but it was when I sipped at it, the earthy taste sending heat straight to the middle of my body before it radiated outwards making me hum approvingly as my body slouched in satisfaction.

"Like it?" I heard Hazel ask and I nodded swallowing before looking at her.

She was wearing a loose fitting top that had gold detailing around both sides of her ribs with dark blue skinny jeans and combat boots.

All in all she looked pretty good...even in the causal stuff she was wearing.

10 minutes later we were done with our coffee's and I trailed Hazel's suitcase behind me as I offered to take it as she was holding another bag.

She double locked her doors from the outside before puffing out a breath and walking towards me as I waiting outside the silver doors of the lift.

I pressed the down button and it opened instantly, probably a result of the time of day it was.

We both got in and I pressed the F button for foyer and the doors shut before the weird feeling of going up even though we were going down happened.

About a few seconds later, the lift stopped at the 7th floor and the doors opened revealing two guys.

They looked at me before at Hazel and one of them smirked slyly at her making me squint my eyes at him.