22; Decisions at the Doctor

"Since he fired you, his rankings have gone down the drain..."

Hazel's POV:

"How many firms do you have?" I asked Justin curiously and he turned to me.

We were both sitting down in the living room, the side of my body pressed up against the lip of the sofa leaving me to lean my head that still felt a little heavy against the soft cushioning.

"3," He said to me, "One in New York, one in London and one in Dubai," He explained and I gave him a questioning look.

"You didn't build one up here?" I asked, referring to Canada and he shook his head at my question before speaking up.

"I purposely didn't because when I'm here I want to spend time with family and not be running up and down trying to take care of my firm," He said, "The holidays is the only time I can actually relax, the closest I am to actually taking care of my business is through emails," He said and I hummed thinking about his logic, flickering my eyes to his laptop that was perched on his lap.

"Makes sense," I smiled, shifting my gaze up to him and he returned with one before we heard the tip tapping of steps coming from the direction of the kitchen.

"You guys are up so early," Joshua groaned tiredly, running a hand through his messy hair, the dirty blonde strands sticking up in all ways which only put the image of Justin's bed hair in my head...

"It's 1 Joshua," Justin said from behind me since I had turned back to his little brother, watching him take heavy steps towards the sofa opposite the one me and Justin were sitting on with a bowl full of cereal in his hands.

"Your point?" Joshua said bluntly and I stifled the need to laugh when I heard Justin mumble grumpy shit as Joshua shuffled into the cushions of the sofa before eating his breakfast.

"You guys are the same," I said quietly and they both looked to me as I turned my head back to Justin.

"How?" Justin asked shuffling up in his own seat so he was sitting up and not slouching with his laptop in his lap.

"You both get really pissed off when you're tired," I laughed lightly when Justin scoffed.

"No we don't," They both said at the same time and I hummed teasingly.

"See," I mumbled bluntly as I reached over for my coffee mug on the oak table arm's length away from where we were sitting.

"We are not the same, why would I want to be like Justin?" Joshua asked.

"Because you would be earning over 100k per hour?" Justin asked sarcastically, grinning smug when Joshua flipped a finger up at him making me roll my eyes in amusement.

"Cocky fuck," Joshua mumbled to his older brother and in turn, Justin mocked him which only turned into a match of them repeating cocky fuck over and over until both their voices were loud, high in pitch and dripping with sarcasm.

"You're lucky your mother isn't here because she'd smack both of you upside the head," Jeremy said from behind and both Justin and Joshua stopped and looked at their dad who was rolling his eyes with a small smile on his face.

"He started it," Justin muttered and I smiled at how whiny he sounded as I took a sip of my coffee before I was mentioned by Jeremy after he'd mumbled something under his breath about his sons.

"Are you feeling better after yesterday sweetheart?" Jeremy asked and I gave him a small smile nodding, I still had a little pounding in my head but it was bearable...for now...

"Yeah, thanks for letting me stay over," I said to him.

"Whether you were Justin's girlfriend or not, I wasn't going to let you go home in the state you were in,"