Louise

After checking into the Anchor Inn, Louise crashed onto the hard bed, and tried to control her breathing. She was shaking. Adrenaline had gotten her this far, but it was wearing off. The realisation of what had happen hit her hard, and Louise felt fear taking over. She buried her head into the pillow and sobbed, her whole body shaking vigorously, while she let the nights events pour out.

After thirty minutes in the shower, Louise felt better. The hot, steamy water washed away her fear and calmed her down. She had no clothes, no nightwear, nothing. After nearly being killed, Louise had raced out from her apartment, and headed here. Tomorrow she would go back and get some fresh clothes. What if Sam were waiting? He would kill her this time. Her mind was racing with thousands of thoughts, and she paused when thinking about Luke. Louise had never told Jessica, but she secretly had a thing for her brother-in-law. He is an attractive man. Lean body, muscular build. Chiselled jawline. She was Jessica's husband, and Louise had kept those thoughts away. All she could think about was he was now a killer. Trapped inside his head by a psychopath. Louise desperately wanted to help Luke. She owed it to him. But what could she do? Even with all her knowledge and training, somethings are impossible to cure. Luke was suffering, and his suffering would only get worse, until he would be locked away in a mental institute. With medication, and treatment, his personality disorder could be contained. That was the only way to help Luke.

Sitting on the edge of bed, Louise turned her thoughts to something Sam had said. He mentioned the fictional character of Jekyll and Hyde. She knew little about the story, never having read the story. But she knew enough to know the ending. Dr. Jekyll killed himself. He could no longer supress the evil Hyde and running out of serum, he decided the only way to pay for the crimes he had committed was to end his life. Louise did a quick search on her phone and scanned through the synopsis of the story. She was right. His concluding words were: 'I bring the life of that unhappy Henry Jekyll to an end."

Luke was dealing with an evil beyond his control. She wondered if he, like Dr. Jekyll would take his own life. Sam had killed his friends. She knew Luke would not be able to live with that guilt, and if he did not get help, she feared he would take his own life. Not only to end Sam's desire to kill, but also to cope with the knowledge that he would be responsible for killing Alan and Debbie. She had to help him before it was too late. Getting close to him would put her own life at risk, but what other choice did she had. It was no use hiding here forever. She would have to return home, and when she did, Sam would find her.

Sleep overtook her, and sliding under the thin sheets, Louise allowed her thoughts to drift away, and let sleep take its place. Tomorrow, she would speak to Russell, and tell him the truth. Together they could help Luke. Tomorrow, she thought. Tomorrow. Then Louise was in a deep sleep.

Louise woke up to the sound of doors slamming and distant voices. The Inn was open, and breakfast was being served. She glanced at her watch. It was early. Too early for Louise, and she buried her head under the pillow trying to drown out the morning noise. She wanted to sleep and forget everything that had happened. Nothing could make her forget yesterday's events. Louise had nearly died. She remembered the sight of the cold blade edging closer toward her. The look in Sam's eyes. It was terrifying. Her near death experience would be forever engrained in her mind. If Luke had not saved her, she would be dead. She owed him her life and now it was her turn to help Luke. She would eat, and then make her way to the hospital. She had to tell Russell. Would he even understand what she was saying? The last time Louise had seen the big guy, he was heavily sedated, barely able to construct a sentence. His mind had been turned to mush. But he was not mad. Sam had tried to kill him, tried to make it look like an accident. That was why Russell was so agitated when he saw Luke, he must have caught a glimpse of him, and started to panic. She would talk to Russell and explain what had happened.