10th Doctor X Reader-- Valentine's Day

Here's the second Valentine's Day oneshot- with Ten!
Enjoy :)

10th Doctor X Reader- Valentine's Day

"(Y/N)! (y/n), wake up, love!" You heard the Doctor say in a sing-song voice. Groaning, you turned over in your bed, too cozy in your blankets to wake up.

"No...just let me sleep a little longer..." You muttered. You loved sleep, and you hated getting up before your body naturally woke you up. You didn't even want to wake up for the Doctor sometimes, sleep was so good.

"Pleeeease, (y/n)! I have a surprise for you! It can't wait any longer, it's getting co-" From under the blankets, you heard him cut himself off. You turned your head just a bit around, curious of what was getting co- cold.

"What's getting cold?" You asked slyly.

"N-nothing, just get up please," he stuttered. He had almost given his surprise away, you guessed.

Laying still for a second, you considered it. Then curiosity got the best of you, and you grinned and sprang out of bed, much to his surprise. He grinned and led you out the door, down the hall and toward the TARDIS' kitchen.

When you were almost at the door, the Doctor stopped and turned around. "Close your eyes," he said.

You shut them tight, but tried to peak as you walked in the door. He looked over at you and noticed. "Oi! No peaking, or I'll have to cover them myself!" Which he did indeed do. The Doctor, behind you, put his palms over your eyes and guided you over to what you knew was the kitchen's table. "Okay, there's a chair, sit in it," he said quietly, and you slowly sunk to it.

"I'm going to uncover your eyes now, but you have to keep yours shut, got that?" You heard him say, still behind you with his hands over your eyes.

"Got it," you say, and he takes his hands off.

Eyes still shut, you hear the Doctor shuffle quickly away to where you assumed was the counter. Hearing something metal slide off the countertop, you then heard him walk back to you and set the metal thing down.

"Okay, open your eyes!" The Doctor exclaimed. You did, and in front of you on the table you saw a ceramic white plate with a silver domed cover. Before you could blink, the Doctor whisked off the cover by the handle and shouted, "Happy Valentine's Day!"

You laughed loudly, and observed what was on the plate: a stack of heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and syrup on top. "Oh, that's so sweet of you, Doctor! Thank you!" You stood up to give him a hug, which he gladly received with a big dopey grin.

"No problem. I've been waiting for you to get up for so long so I could give you them. And so I could eat some myself," he said. You laughed and withdrew from the hug to sit back down.

As you began to eat, he flipped some of his own pancakes onto a plate. You noticed that he took a banana from his rather large stock, and put them onto his pancakes. You snorted and he turned to you at the noise. "What?"

"You and your bananas," you remarked, stuffing a bite of pancake in your mouth.

The Doctor raised an eyebrow and smirked at you, then smiled softly. "Bananas are good."

"Very good, I see, by the very large amount you have there-that I have to keep adding to every time we make a pit stop on Earth," you say, smirking at him.

He sits down at the table with his plate. "I'll die and regenerate if I ever run out," he says, stuffing a forkful of banana-covered pancake into his cheek. "I'll die from withdrawal!" He exclaimed, and you laughed.

After a while of eating silently, you remarked, "I didn't even know you could cook."

"Yup I can. Learned to make cookies from Martha Stewart one day. I got bored," he shrugged. "Also, I accidentally ended up cooking for King Henry XIII. I might have overcooked it, nearly got my head chopped off!"

You laughed and smiled at him as you swallowed your last bite of pancakes and strawberries. There was plenty left, but, "I can't eat another bite! I'm stuffed," you said.

The Doctor nodded then suddenly jumped up. "Mm!" He grabbed a card from the counter and say back down handing it to you. "Here," he tried to say, but it came out as "He-yah." Giggling, you took it. "Thanks." Observing the card, which had a large hand drawn heart on the front. "Did you make this yourself?" You ask, and he nods smiling. You open the card to see a group of many circles, lines, and curves grouped together with one large circle. The interesting design looked like it was drawn with ink and a featherpen.

"Wow. That's really cool," you say in awe. "Is this ink? Like the kind they used before pens? Like an inkwell?"

The Doctor nodded and excitedly said, "Shakespeare himself let me borrow some with a feather. Sorry it's a bit of a mess. I haven't written in Gallifreyan in a long time."

"It's beautiful..." You say, still staring at it. "Hold on, did you say Gallifreyan?"

The Doctor looked down and played with his pancakes using a fork. "Yep. Circular Gallifreyan- writing of the Time Lords."

"That makes it even more special," you say quietly. "What does it say?"

"Let me show you," he stood up and say next to you on your side of the table. "See, that there is the letter 'I'..." He pointed to a section of the circle. He spoke in a dreamy voice, enjoying showing you his native language. "And these here, here, here, and here- 'L-O-V-E..." You looked up at him, seeing where this was going. He glanced at you, smiling, then continuing. "And finally, these parts here are 'Y-O-U'. Now, put the words together..." He sat back, smiling lovingly at you.

"Oh, Doctor," you sigh happily, then quickly gave him a hug. "I love you too!"

He kissed you on the cheek, still holding you in his arms. "Happy Valentine's Day, (y/n)." He whispered.

"Happy Valentine's Day," you whisper back.

Okay, I know that these seem a little cheesy, and I know that they keep ending in 'Happy Valentine's Day' twice, but hey, at least it's cute fluff!
Thanks for reading, the next two will be done soon!