Not This Time

Author's Note: I wanted to do Nine with this one shot, but I think for now I need a companion other than Rose, sorry- but Nine and Rose will be next! :) this chapter is Eleven and Amy (no I don't ship it but I do sort of ship Smillan :D) sorry, onto the story!

"Alright, let's see what the old girl has for us this time." The Doctor says with a flip of a switch.

"So you just go wherever she takes you?" Amy Pond asks, sitting in the console seat of the TARDIS.

"No! Well...maybe, sometimes..." He sighed. "Yes. Ninety-five percent of the time." Amy laughed.

"Anyways, you stay here for a moment while I see where we are, make sure the conditions are safe, no Daleks, etcetera."

The Doctor bounded over to he TARDIS doors, cautiously peeking out, then stepping out, closing the door behind him.

Outside, he observed that the TARDIS had taken him to a ship, a quite large ship, enough to hold probably eight hundred to a thousand people or more. He was on a deck overlooking a morning on the sea. People in 1900's style clothing didn't seem to notice the large blue box that had appeared; they just kept going in about theire adoration of the sea.

The Doctor had a bad feeling at the back of his mind about this ship. What was it that made him so nervous?

Walking away from the TARDIS, he spotted a young couple who we're watching the sea, talking quietly.

"Excuse me, could you tell me what ship this is? I've quite forgotten." The Doctor asked, pretending to just be a forgetful old man, and even though he didn't look it, he sure was often like it.

The couple both stopped their conversing and turned to the Doctor, smiling but looking confused. The woman, laughing, asked, "Surely, you must be joking! This is one of the finest ships of our age!" The man, who was smiling, added jokingly, "Are you drunk, sir?"

The Doctor faked a laugh, "I suppose I might be. You know, you can never tell. But, like I asked, where are we?"

"Why, the great Titanic! The ship unsinkable!"

No, the Doctor thought, no, I have to leave. Now.

"Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day! Make it the best!" He said to the couple, faking a cheery appearance, while inside his hearts were beating quickly and feeling shattered.

He raced back to the TARDIS, and shut the door quickly behind him. As he ran to the console, Amy exclaimed, "Whoa, that was quick! What's out there, Doctor? Is it Earth or some planet made of all plants with tree people? Doctor?"

(He couldn't help it-before he told Amy the bad news, he had to add:) "Well, there is a planet like that, but that's not what this planet is."

"Well, then where are we? Can I take a peak outside-?" She walked towards the doors, almost there before the Doctor shouted, "No!"

Amy spun around. "No, no...no you can't go out there, Amy. Too...too much gas in the air. Your lungs wouldn't be able to handle it." The Doctor nervously lied.

"You handled it well enough."

"Yeah, well I'm a Time Lord! I've got...special...stuff inside me that let's me breathe gaseous air-"

Amy crossed her arms. "Doctor, don't try to lie to me, because I can tell when you're lying. You are a terrible liar, sorry." She pat him on the back. "So where are we, really?"

The Doctor sighed. "I suppose I can't keep a secret from you, Amy. But you have to promise me that you won't ask to go out there."

"Okay. Deal."

"...it's the Titanic."

Amy gasped. "Doctor, we need to go out there and warn those people!"

"You promised!"

"Yeah, well, I'll just have to break that promise of it means I can save a ton of people!"

"Amy, NO."

"So you're just going to let all those people die, then? You wouldn't do that. Time can be rewritten, yeah?"

"Amy," The Doctor sighed. "It's a fixed point in time. I can't change it, and believe me, if I could, I would. Oh, I would."

"Doctor, please?" Amy asked once again, looking forlorn.

The Doctor frowned and fiddled with the console. He then shook his head and pulled down a lever.

"Not this time, Amy."