33

Hero

I was completely dreading this.

Ever since I'd gone Instagram stalking, I couldn't even look at Mrs. Thompson.

Well, you're an idiot for jerking off to her fucking Instagram.

I jogged down the hallway, stopping when I saw Amelia. "Hey, you're coming home with me?"

"Uh, yeah," she said, "if that's okay."

"Okay," I said, "here are my keys. Go on to my car if you want."

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I have to ask Mrs. Thompson about this paper," I said, "I'll be right out."

She nodded and smiled, making me run to Mrs. Thompson's classroom. I opened the door and walked inside, turning on one set of the lights.

"Hey, Mrs-"

I stopped in my tracks when I saw her at her desk, scrambling around for something to wipe the tears from her cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry," I said, "I can c-"

"N-no," she said, sniffling, "no, you're good. Come in."

"I'm already in," I muttered, earning her eyes.

I felt a wave of guilt rush over me, and I hadn't even made her cry.

At least she's a pretty crier?

"Sorry," she said, shaking her head as she cleared her throat.

"I-I just needed some more instruction on this research paper," I said, cautiously approaching her.

"Alright," she said, "come here."

I knelt down next to her, placing the paper on her desk. "Just a little confused, that's all."

She nodded, chewing on her bottom lip. I could see her blinking back tears, but one fell on my paper.

She sniffled and turned away from me. "We'll-we'll discuss it more in class tomorrow."

"Hey," I softly said, "is everything okay?"

She laughed, shaking her head as she dried her tear stained cheeks. "I'm okay. Thank you."

She stood up and cleared her throat, walking back to the back of her classroom. I stood up and bit down on my lip, hesitantly following her.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked, a few desks separating us.

Her eyes locked on mine, she nodded. "Y-yes."

"If it has anything to do with that husband of yours, you're way far out of his league," I deadpanned.

She laughed, wiping her cheeks.

"Wait, how do you know what my husband looks like?"

"I-I don't," I lied, "b-but I don't have to. To know that you're out of his league."

She sniffled, smiling. "Smooth."

"And he probably doesn't deserve you."

She brushed past me, making me softly grab her arm.

She looked up at me, making me bite down on my lip and look down at her.

"You should go home," she said, nodding up at me.

"I should," I said, nodding.

She blinked back tears, yet again, making me gently wrap an arm around her shoulders and pull her into me.