14

Cordelia

I knocked on the door of the King residence, still in shock that a house like this actually existed in real life.

The door opened and there stood Mr. King, glasses perched on his nose. "Hi, Cordelia."

"Hi," I greeted, and he warmly invited me in.

"I'm assuming you're here for Henry?"

"How'd you guess?" I giggled, holding up the bag of food.

He tapped his temple with his pointer finger, grinning as he walked into his office. I jogged upstairs and down the long hallway, stopping at Henry's closed door.

I tried to open it as quietly as I could, peeking inside. I saw him sprawled out, his forearm resting on his forehead. I stepped inside his room and closed the door, gently placing the bag of food on his nightstand.

I sat on the edge of his bed, smiling down at his sleeping face. His mouth was slightly open, showing off his perfectly straight, white teeth.

His eyes slowly fluttered open, and as soon as he saw me, he smiled. "Hey, baby."

My stomach did a somersault. I'd never heard Henry's morning voice, not even once in the past year of dating.

"H-hi," I said, caught off guard by the feeling I was currently experiencing.

He let out what sounded like a groan, wrapping his arms around me. "Good morning."

"G-good morning," I stumbled out, raking my fingers through his hair.

He pulled me in bed with him, pulling my body towards his front. I parted my lips when I felt something poking at my backside, and I knew exactly what it was.

"U-uh, Henry, you've got a problem," I said, looking back at him.

"Every morning," he muttered, "you were pleasant to wake up to."

I bit down on my lip. I wasn't sure what was more, honestly, tempting- his morning voice, or the feeling of him hard against me.

"I-uh-I brought you breakfast."

He propped himself up on his elbow, looking down at me. "Yeah, and what is it?"

I could hear the suggestive tone behind his words, making me just gawk up at him. He looked disheveled, his hair a mess and his eyes still sleepy, but somehow, the most attractive I'd ever seen him.

"A bagel," I softly said, blinking a few times to hopefully pull myself out of the scenario I'd put myself into.

"Mm," he muttered, looking down at me.

I patted his back, rolling out from under him. I stood up and smiled awkwardly, standing between his bed and wall.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes as he let out another half-groan, half-sigh.

"Thank you for breakfast," he said, standing up.

My jaw nearly unhinged when he stood, making me place a hand over my eyes after a few seconds of obvious staring.

He chuckled and again, set off the butterflies in my stomach. He grabbed my arm and pulled me close, his lips against my ear.

"Eight."

I knitted my brows together and watched as he walked into his bathroom, tilting my head over. "Eight?"

"Yeah," he said, "you think about it and get back to me."

He quickly did his business, brushed his teeth and combed his fingers through his hair. He walked back into his bedroom, smiling up at me as he sat on the edge of his bed.