63

Henry

"Eat up," Zach said, leaning back in his seat.

"These pancakes are concerningly-"

"Rubbery," Josie and I said at the exact same time, making us look at one another.

"Literally," she said, "I don't know why the school tries to trick us into thinking this is real food."

"Well, give them to me," Zach said, "I'm fucking starving. And don't have an issue with the texture of the pancakes."

I slid my plate over to him, looking over at him as I rested my chin in my hand. "Why are you so hungry?"

"It must be the pregnancy," he joked.

"Hey, that's not a joke," Amelia said, looking up from her phone.

"My bad," Zach muttered, picking up the pancake and biting into it.

"How the fuck do you eat that shit with no syrup?" Eros grimaced.

"Hey, when a man's hungry, a man's hungry," Zach said, "we can all agree."

"Well, I think a woman being hungry is more lethal," Eros said, "you have never seen hangry until you've seen Josephine King get a serious case of road rage because the Chick-Fil-A drive through line isn't moving fast enough."

"Reasonably so," Jo said, "hey, we need to get to the council meeting. Technically, we should've been gone, like, five minutes ago."

"I still regret signing up for this shit," Eros grunted as he stood up, throwing an arm around her shoulders, "see you guys later."

Hero and Amelia were absolutely invested in something on her phone screen, his arms folded over his chest and a slightly disgusted look on his face.

"What the fuck," he blatantly said, looking over at her.

"It's brutal," she said, "you're acting like you didn't already know that."

"Uh, yeah, I didn't," he said, "wow, I could've gone my entire life without seeing that."

Zach lifted an eyebrow, his eyes toggling between the pair.

"Birthing videos," Amelia deadpanned, "he's dramatic."

"Do you two just watch birthing videos for the hell of it?" Zach asked, obviously confused.

"No, I'm pregnant," she said.

"You're pregnant?"

"I thought everyone knew that by now," Amelia said, "or at least our circle."

"Uh, no, I didn't," Zach said, "congrats, I guess?"

Amelia smiled, looking back down at her phone.

"I really think I'm going to be sick," Hero said, sliding his food away from him.

"Too bad," I said, sliding it back towards him.

His eyes met mine and he sighed, shaking his head.

"I'm fine," he mouthed, making me nod down at his plate.

"Okay, I'm going to head to class," Amelia said, standing up, "hope everyone has good days."

"I'll walk you," Hero said, standing up. He grabbed his plate and dumped it in the trash, making me let out a sigh.

"Are you coming over tonight?" Zach asked.

"Uh, maybe," I said, looking over at him.

"Can't make time for your man, I hear?" He asked, leaning back in his seat.

The Kings IV IIजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें