16

Hero

"Sharp dressed man," I said, grinning as Henry walked over to me.

"Cordelia's not here yet. What if she forgot?"

"Don't stress yourself, man," I said, patting his chest.

"Hey, is that Henny?" He asked, his eyes lighting up.

I looked around me, grinning as I grabbed the bottle and handed it to him. "Your choice of drink."

He looked around before holding the bottle in the air and taking a few sips, smiling as he screwed the top back on.

"No wonder why they call you Henny."

"The man!" I yelled, throwing my arms around Granddad.

"The old man," he said, roughly patting my forearm.

"Nah, give yourself some credit," I said, smiling over at him.

Henry shook his head, wiping the corner of his mouth. "She forgot, bro."

"I doubt it. She's probably just being, you know, extra as fuck. Like Jo and Fran."

He took another sip of Hennessy before screwing the top back on, yet again. "What the fuck ever."

He brushed past me and I left granddad, jogging to catch up to him. "Hey, man, look alive."

"Look at the fucking door," He angrily said, "Josie and Fran just walked in. Where's Cordelia? Nowhere to be found."

"Henny," I said, grabbing his shoulders, "what's the saying? You've got ninety-nine problems-"

"She's not a bitch, Hero," he said, brushing past me.

I widened my eyes, following him. He attempted to call her, but her phone went to voicemail.

"Hi," Josie greeted, smiling at me.

"Hey, cuzzo," I greeted, "you look beautiful."

"Thanks," she said, "Henry, what's up your ass?"

"Cordelia hasn't showed up," I whispered down to her, making her sigh and tilt her head over. She pulled me to the food table, grabbing a cookie.

"I like Cordelia," she began, "but she just stresses him out, honestly."

"Yeah, you're telling me," I said, folding my arms over my chest.

"You're going to wrinkle your shirt," she grimaced, looking up at me.

"My little fashion icon," Granddad said, placing his hands on Josie's shoulders.

"Hi, granddad," she greeted, wrapping her arms around him gently for a hug.

"Don't treat him like glass," I said, "he may be old, but he's still fucking kicking."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Where's Frannie?"

"Uhh," Josie muttered, looking around the crowded venue, "there she is. Sitting down, reading."

"She gets that trait from her mother," he said, pressing a kiss to Josie's forehead before making his way over to Fran.

"Have you seen Eros?" Josie hesitantly asked, tracing circles on the table.

"Why?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Well, he's technically supposed to be my date to this thing. You know, we've been jokingly coming together since we were six."

I chuckled, nodding. "Yeah. I haven't seen him, sorry."

She sighed, folding her arms over her chest. "I'm just gonna ask, since everyone's curious."