60

Henry

"God, I fucking wish I could play," Hero said, rubbing his hands down his face.

"Sorry, man," I sympathetically said, shooting him a weak smile.

"Yo, I heard Josie got a modeling gig," one of the guys said, "can it be a lingerie spread?"

"Shut the fuck up," Hero said, "or I will literally knock your teeth in."

"Big bad wolf is back," Darrell Jackson said, bracing both of his hands on Hero's shoulders, "I missed you, champ."

"Fuck off of me," he said, standing up, but not before shooting him a glare, "talk about my cousin like that again and it'll be the last thing you do."

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me."

"My lovely bride," Eros said, standing up at the sound of Josie's voice.

"God, it smells like rejection in here," she grimaced, "hi, lover."

"Hey," Eros greeted, wrapping an arm around her neck as he kissed her forehead.

"Pre-game fuel," she said, holding the bag of food up to him.

"And this is why I'm marrying you."

She smiled, nudging my arm. "Ready for the game?"

"Always," I said, "where's my fucking food?"

"Ask Zach," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yo, Josie," Darrell said, placing his arm on Hero's shoulder, "you were actually the topic of conversation a few minutes ago. I heard you got a modeling gig."

"Yeah," she excitedly said, "yeah, I'm so stoked."

"And what was it for again?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow flirtatiously.

"Sherri Hill," she said, biting down on her lip with a smile, "I literally-"

"Damn, I was hoping Victoria's Secret."

"Darrell-"

"Shut the fuck up," Josie snapped, "you have literally never had a girl ever say yes to you, so you have to jerk off to magazines."

Hero laughed, wrapping an arm around her neck. "That is Josephine Fleur King, everyone."

"And I can hold my own, thank you," she said, pushing both Hero and Eros off of her.

I sat down on the bench and braced my elbows on my thighs, checking my phone.

[From: Zach]
Good luck. I'm in the stands with one of those foam hands

I smiled and began to type back, but was interrupted by the sound of Darrell's unpleasant voice.

"Notice, though, how Henry didn't say a word. What happened to the man, the myth, the legend?" He asked, giving my shoulder a shove.

I stood up, smiling. "Calmed down."

"Is that what happens when you turn gay?" He deadpanned.

"Suck my dick," I spat.

"I've heard you're into that these days, so I don't know whether to take that literally or-"

His sentence was cut short by Hero's fist connecting with his face and knocking him against the lockers. I clenched my jaw and watched as Hero grabbed his collar, holding him upright.

"You got balls, don't you?" He asked, "go out there and play, I don't care if you just got your shit rocked. If you make the team lose, I'm going to beat your ass all over the parking lot in front of your mother."