9

Henry

Hero lifted an eyebrow, his eyes following Mrs. Thompson. "Look me in the eye and tell me that woman isn't fine."

"She really is pretty," Josie said, smiling over at Hero.

I, on the other hand, was scoping the halls for Cordelia.

"Hey, one o'clock," Josie said, nudging my arm.

I finally saw Cordelia, surrounded by her theater friends. I let out a sigh, pushing through everyone else in the halls to get to her.

"You really couldn't answer my texts?" I asked, standing in front of her.

She looked up at me, pursing her lips together.

"That's kind of toxic," one of her friends whispered, making me look over at her.

"I'd put up with it if my boyfriend looked like that," her other friend whispered, making my eyebrows go into a deep furrow.

Cordelia grabbed my arm and led me away from them, looking up at me. "What is your problem?"

"Are you serious?" I deadpanned, looking down at her.

"I just needed some time," she softly said, looking up at me.

"That would've been nice to know."

"See, I can't have a conversation with you when you're acting like this," she said, shaking her head.

"Acting like what?" I asked, my eyebrows in a furrow.

"Like this," she said, "like you can't breathe without me. Like we can't have five seconds away from each other."

I bit down on the inside of my cheek to suppress what I could've said. I shook my head and chuckled. "Okay, Cordelia."

"What did I do that was so wrong in the first place?" She asked.

"You knew what you were doing," I said, stopping in the middle of the hall.

"Henry, if you're really that mad at me because we didn't have sex, then maybe you should go find someone else. Really."

"We have been together for a year," I said, but she cut me off by grabbing my arm.

"Not in the middle of the hallway," she said, pushing me inside an empty classroom.

I sat on a desk, watching as she paced around the room.

"You knew," I calmly said, my eyes meeting hers.

"Oh, my God, Henry," she laughed, rubbing her hands down her face, "I pulled you on top of me. Literally. That is all that happened."

"I'm seventeen, Cordelia!" I yelled, "I'm an immature boy when it comes to that. I can admit that."

"Obviously," she harshly said, nodding.

"And you know what?" I asked, hopping off of the desk, "I'm horny. A lot of the time."

"This is not a conversation we need to be having," she said, shaking her head.

"How?" I asked, shrugging, "we've been together a year. Do you not trust me? Am I doing something wrong? Am I going about it the wrong way?"

"Yes," she said, "you absolutely are. You want sex to fulfill a physical desire. You don't want sex to get-"

"Woah," I said, shaking my head, "you don't know what I want."

"No, I do," she said, nodding, "you want sex because you're horny, a lot of the time. According to you."