CHAPTER 1

Ivory's foot tapped in anticipation of when will the class finish. Her best friend Abby was fast asleep on the desk for one whole hour. Who would want to listen to Math anyway? Only straight A+ students and that was unfortunately Ivory.

The bell rang, waking Abby from her nap. She rubbed her eyes to see the students already leaving. Without second thoughts, she picked her bag up.

"Was it a good sleep?" Ivory teased her. Abby nodded smiling.

"The best one so far. Something about teacher's monotone voice makes me fall asleep." She yawned tiredly when they stopped at their lockers, which by accident, were next to each other.

"Is it that or the fact that you hate Math?" Ivory raised her eyebrow, looking at her questionably.

"Maybe both." Abby shrugged.  

"Can you just give me notes? I will return it to you tomorrow." Abby asked making puppy eyes and Ivory didn't want to feel guilty so he gave her her Math notebook. Abby squealed in happiness and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you. You're the best." Ivory smiled in delight, proud that she made her friend happy.

"It's nothing. Let's hurry to Biology." Ivory said as both of them started walking to the next class.

Both Ivory and Abby, and the rest of the school, were werewolves. Werewolves were half human and half wolves, abnormally larger than common wolves. But in human form, all of them were taller than most people. Every werewolf knew a person is a human if he or she was quite short. That was the main guess when meeting someone new.

Every wolf had his other half. Their mate. And every wolf was supposed to get a mate when it turns the age of 18. Some of them might not find their mate right away, like Ivory. She turned 18 a month ago, but there was not a scent of her mate. Abby, too, has not found her mate despite being 18 almost for four months.

Ivory wanted a mate. She wanted a mate who could protect her and love her. She wanted to build a trustworthy relationship with her mate. But if she doesn't meet her mate in five months then it's most likely that her mate isn't close at all. That's why she sent prayers to Moon Goddess every night to lead her mate towards her.

The person who didn't have a mate even after reaching the age of 18 seven years ago, was Alpha Darius of her pack. Alpha Darius was 25 years old, but still in search of his mate. He searched for his mate in other packs too, but with no luck. That's why he gave up three years ago.

Ivory never met Alpha Darius, most of the younger werewolves didn't. He was always in his office, taking care of the pack problems or visiting other packs. His Beta was the one taking care of pack borders and training new pack members.

Females in the pack had the most important function in the pack and that was protecting children and taking care of them. Werewolf children were the new generations of the pack and it was very important to keep them safe.

The pack was circulating well and Alpha Darius made sure of that. But he was alone in his shell and just wanted to be happy with his mate that didn't seem to be anywhere. Little did he know...

***

Ivory bid goodbye to Abby and headed home. She took a bus that left her at the station a few minutes before her house. She lived in a one-story house with her uncle. Her parents, unfortunately, died saving her from the rouge attack when she was only a two years old baby.

What pains her the most is the fact that she can't remember their faces. What she remembers is her mother's soft voice singing her a lullaby the night before their death happened.

Walking in the house, she met her uncle asleep on the couch. But his nap ended when he heard the old floor creak beneath her feet.

"Hey, pumpkin pie." He said sleepily. She chuckled when she saw him rub his back.

"Hey, uncle. Didn't I tell you to sleep in your room when you feel tired? You got your back pain again." She scolded him with a teasing tone.

"I know, I know. I'm too lazy, so what?" He huffed. She let out a giggle at his sulking behavior.

"What's for lunch?" She asked curiously.

"I made vegetable soup and roasted beef an hour ago. Go wash your hands before eating." He said.

After washing her hands, she joined her uncle at the table. Uncle Caleb was the best at cooking and Ivory could feel her mouth water whenever her uncle cooked something, even if it was the simplest meal.

"Are you excited about your graduation? If you need any more money for the stuff, tell me." Caleb kindly said.

"It's fine, uncle. I already have everything I need." She reassured him. Her uncle gave her everything her parents could not and that's why she was very grateful.

She finished her portion of the delicious lunch and went to her room. She needed a good warm shower to relax and her pajama to take her afternoon nap.

Werewolves had a different system of education. They didn't go to college, instead, they learned everything in their high school years then they could get a job in every field of work with the exception that they must stay in pack borders. Alpha Darius's pack was very big and they used a lot of space therefore every pack member who wanted to work, no matter male or female, could find a job in the pack.

Ivory's thoughts were all about finishing her education and getting hired as a teacher in elementary school. She would love to pass her knowledge to other children and learn to communicate with them. That was her biggest dream.

"We'll get there." Her wolf Kira said.

"Look, who finally showed up." Ivory sarcastically laughed.

"I was asleep." Kira defended herself.

"Stop lying. You just didn't want to talk to me." Ivory retorted as she slipped in her silky pajama dress.

"I don't know why am I so cranky these past few days. So I like to be off." Kira sighed defeatedly.

"It's okay, Kira. If you need my help, tell me." Ivory reassured her relentless mind.

"What if this means our mate is close? Maybe we are going to meet him soon?" Kira said with a voice full of hope, but Ivory cut her thoughts off.

"And what then? What if he doesn't want us?"

"Girl, why wouldn't he want us? Everyone wants you." Kira scoffed in her mind.

"Have you ever looked at me than other she-wolves? They are all slim and fit, while I'm here looking like a whale. No man will want us." Ivory reasoned. She was insecure about herself and her body. She was on the chubbier side than other she-wolves.

"They are jealous of for having curves in the right places and eating what they can't. So stop belittling yourself, Ivory. It hurts me when you talk like that about yourself." Kira sighed sadly. Ivory felt bad and figured out she had no reason to talk like that, but the fact she looked like that, still bothered her.

"I'm sorry, Kira. I hope that we find out mate too. But now, I want to sleep." Kira chuckled, hearing her words.

"Alright, Ivory. Sweet dreams." Ivory smiled and fell asleep in a deep slumber, hoping that her mate is close as Kira anticipated.

A/N

My first time writing a werewolf story. I hope you enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment.

Song: harry styles - golden