CHAPTER 14

"How many pups do you want?" Darius asked Ivory as he kissed her shoulder. She had her eyes closed but listened to his words and smiled. She always wanted to have pups and a big family since she wasn't able to experience it herself.

"I don't know. Do you?" She chuckled.

"As many as we can." He responded. She opened her eyes and turned to kiss him. His arm tightened around her waist as he grabbed her hair and pulled her closer.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you." She blushed and hid her face in his shoulder.

"Last night was wild, Ivory. Can we do it again?" He asked excitedly.

"No, we can't. I want to shower." She pulled away and got up from the bed. Seeing him in his shirt he got aroused again. She squealed when he suddenly picked her up and rushed them into the bathroom.

***

"Darius, we need to travel. Midnight Pack needs our help. They were attacked by the army of rouges. They requested us." Jasper explained seriously.

"I understand. They are acquaintances and we are going to help them. Get the men ready." Darius said.

"Alright." Jasper left the office and bumped into Ivory on his way out. He was lucky he didn't spill the tea in her hands.

"Sorry, Ivory." He apologized.

"It's alright. Is Darius in here?" She smiled sweetly.

"Yes. I will see you later." He smiled and left. Ivory carefully entered Darius's office to see him stressed and all over the papers.

"Hey. Do I bother you?" Ivory asked. He looked up and smiled.

"Never, baby. Come here." With red color tinted on her cheeks, Ivory walked to him and set a cup of tea on his desk. He pulled her on his lap and hugged her frame in his arms.

"You seem stressed. What's wrong?"

"I will have to leave this evening. Another pack needs our help. And I can't leave them to fight alone." He explained softly.

"But why do you have to leave? Why can't you send Jasper and Kyle?" Ivory protested. She didn't like the fact that her mate would be fighting with rouges. Rouges were known as extremely violent wolves who wouldn't stop until they shred their opponents in pieces.

"I'm the leader, love. I have to be there with my men." He chuckled and pecked her cheek.

"I know. But I'm scared they will do something to you."

"Don't you know me? I fight like ten men together. I won't get a scratch." He said playfully. She giggled and kissed his lips.

"I know. But keep your promise." She warned. He nodded and smiled.

***

Helen couldn't wait until Darius left for another pack for help. She was thinking about teaching Ivory a lesson when her son leaves.

Ivory was in their room helping him pack his things in the duffel bag. She tried to hold back her tears, but fear and worries about Darius made her cry.

She placed the last shirt in the bag and closed it up. Darius wrapped her arms around her frame and kissed her cheek softly. She closed her eyes and leaned into him to savor the feeling of his touch.

"Please, be careful. Try not to get hurt." She warned him once again.

"I will, my love. Don't miss me too much." He teased her. She let out a chuckle and turned around. She didn't want to cry but tears started slipping down her cheeks.

"I'm scared that something will happen to you." She sobbed. He refused to laugh but a chuckle escaped his lips.

"You know that I know how to fight. And I'll be home before you blink. Kyle will be here with you, but you are in charge, alright?" He reassured her.

"Okay. I love you." She pecked his lips.

"I know you do." He teased until he felt a punch on his chest.

"Say it back." She growled.

"I love you. That's okay?" He frowned.

"No. Say it with a smile." She scolded. He smiled and repeated the same words until she approved.

"Now you can go." She giggled.

Jasper was waiting for Darius who finally reached the car. They put the luggage in the back of the car and settled to leave. Ivory gave a long passionate kiss to Darius as Lucy and Jasper barely let go of each other.

"Take care, son." Helen said and hugged him but Darius quickly pulled away.

"I will." He muttered and entered the car together with Jasper. They took off before Ivory let the tear fall. She already missed him and his scent. She just prayed he would be alright.

"Since they left, I'm in charge from now on." Helen smirked proudly. Lucy rolled her eyes at her mother's behavior. Helen never favored Lucy as her main focus was on her son. Lucy was raised by her father and she loved to spend time with the elder.

"No, Helen. I'm in charge. You forgot that I'm Luna of this pack or what?" Ivory glared at her.

"Listen, you little-" Lucy cut her off and stood beside Ivory.

"No, mom. Ivory is Luna and she needs to be in charge."

"Lucinda, shut your mouth. I'm your mother." Lucy grimaced when she called her by her full name but still stood up for herself.

"Oh, now you remembered that you're my mother? How amusing." She snorted. Ivory didn't know how to react to their bickering but she didn't like mother and daughter fight.

"Lucy, just leave it be. Let's go inside." Ivory pulled Lucy inside as she threw hateful glares at Helen.

"She can be a b*tch sometimes. Or all the time." Lucy reasoned.

"I noticed that." Ivory chuckled. Helen stormed inside the house and walked upstairs towards her room. She acted like a twelve-year-old instead grown woman.

"I miss Jasper already." Lucy whined.

"I know how do you feel. I'm scared for Darius. I just want him to come home safe." Ivory said sadly. Lucy hugged Ivory who seemed to be frightened for her mate's life.

"They will be okay."

A/N

Thank you for reading. Vote and comment.

Song: harry styles - falling