CHAPTER 17

Ivory brought her lips on his as soon as he spoke. She felt a huge weight lift off her shoulder. She thanked the Moon Goddess numerous times for bringing him back.

"I missed you so much. You dared to get hurt even if I warned you." Ivory chided and smacked his arm. He faked a groan but she didn't loosen her glare a bit.

"I'm sorry. But how can you scold your man while he is hurting?" He pouted.

"Because you are an idiot!" She said trying to hold back her tears. She acted too emotional when she didn't have an intention to do so and worry him.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry. I was just teasing." He cupped her cheek and turned her face to meet with his eyes.

"I could've lost you. Don't ever put yourself in danger like that." She said as she softly kissed his cheek.

"I won't. Don't cry anymore. I'm fine now." He reassured her.

"I'm going to call the doctor." She pushed the button above his head and sat in the chair.

"Are others okay?" He asked her.

"Yes. Lucy and Jasper were both here but they left an hour or so. Your mother is home with Layla, I guess." She explained, containing herself from rolling her eyes. Helen is his mother but she only asked if he was alright, not even bothering with the visit.

He nodded when the doctor entered the room. He smiled pleasantly and measured his body temperature.
"It's good that you woke up, Alpha. Do you feel pain where your wound is?" The doctor asked.

"It stings a bit but I feel okay." He replied.

"That's a good thing. I would like to keep you overnight just for a check-up." The doctor said but Darius shook his head.

"I will go home now. I feel okay and this will heal soon." He said propping up on his butt.

"But, Alpha. It can be dangerous." The doctor said.

"Darius, listen to the doctor." Ivory rebuked.

"I'm going home and that's final." He said and stood up from the bed. His chest did feel sore but nothing else hurt him. Ivory scowled at his behavior.

"Just give me some pain reliefs and I'll be fine." He shrugged him off. The doctor couldn't disobey his Alpha so he nodded and left the room to get him the medicine.

"I can't believe that you act like this. You need to listen to the doctor." Ivory scoffed while giving him a sweat jacket Jasper previously left.

"I want to go home and spend time with you. I'm not a fan of hospitals." He explained. She sighed in defeat and pulled the zipper up.

"Alright. But if you say your wound hurts too much, we are going to come back here. Is that clear?" He agreed with her words as they left the room.

They didn't want to bother Lucy so they called a cab to drive them home. Ivory was worried about the state he was in even after reassurance. They arrived home and surprised everyone in there.

"Son, what are you doing here? You are supposed to rest in the hospital." Helen exclaimed.

"I didn't have to. I'm fine." He responded shrugging.

"I'm glad that you're okay." Lucy smiled as she gave him a side hug afraid to touch his wound. Jasper also didn't want to worsen his pain so he just hugged him carefully.

''We are going to rest.'' Darius exclaimed and pulled Ivory towards the stairs.

When they reached the third floor, Ivory was out of breath. But she kept it low so Darius won't notice. She was yet to surprise him and see his reaction.

''I need to take a shower.'' Darius groaned as he removed the sweat jacket.

''You're injured.''

''It doesn't matter. I will be careful.'' He reassured her. She nodded but she decided to shower with him. She was still in the outfit from the morning.

While they were showering, Darius noticed that something was different with Ivory. She looked brighter and happier. It made him happy too when he saw her like that.

They both got dressed after showering and Ivory made him rest in the bed. He leaned on her chest to make himself comfortable as she wrapped her arms around him. She missed him so much that she couldn't let him go out of sight for a moment.

''Baby, your stomach feels stiff. Are you okay?'' He asked, touching her stomach innocently. She blushed at his words and giggled.

''I'm okay.'' She answered.

''I don't know. It never felt like this. It looks bloated too. Should we visit a doctor? Are you on your period?'' He asked as he massaged her stomach in the hope it would make her feel better.

''No, silly. I won't have a period for four more months.'' She chuckled.

''Why won't you? Do you have cancer?'' He turned around so he could look at her. She burst out laughing at his dumbness.

''Goddess help anyone who has that, but I don't have cancer. Something else is happening in my uterus so that's why I can't have my period.'' She explained watching him if he took a hint.

''I never studied in school so I don't know what are you talking about.'' He gave her a guilty smile. She smiled as she kissed his lips softly and brought his palm on top of her stomach.

''Two months already, love.'' She whispered against his lips. His eyes widened and he blinked a few times to check if it's a dream.

''You are...You...'' He couldn't bring himself to utter a sentence as feelings overwhelmed him. Tears of happiness sprung out as he placed his head on her stomach.

''It's okay, love.'' Ivory smiled, rubbing his grown hair. He stopped crying after few moments and kissed her stomach.

''It's all ever wanted. Thank you so much.'' He kissed her hard as she could feel the saltiness of his tears. His heart was heavy and filled with happiness.

''I love you.'' She whispered.

''I love you. Both of you.'' He smiled while rubbing her stomach softly.

''I can't wait for him or her to be here.'' Darius said.

''Me too, love.''

A/N

Aww. Cute family.
Vote and comment.

Song: fitz and the tantrums - out of my league