CHAPTER 9

Ivory blinked a few times before opening her eyes. There was something that tickled her and she wanted to remove it.

Rubbing her eyes, she smiled when she saw the cause of her annoyance. Darius had his face buried in the crook of her neck. He was snoring softly and breathed in her skin.

She turned her head and gave him a forehead kiss. She slowly removed his arm over her waist and got up from the bed carefully. She placed her pillow in his arms which he clutched to himself.

She had to get ready for meeting with the girls. Lucy wanted to buy necessities for her birthday party but Ivory didn't want to forget Abby so she also invited her with them. Lucy didn't mind at all.

She clothed in her cute burgundy dress and tucked on black flat sandals. While dressing, she didn't realize that Darius was in the shower. So when he came into the closet, she was startled.

Darius couldn't sleep without her in his arms and no pillow would deceive him. So he was always awake a few minutes after her.

"Where are you heading to?" He asked her curiously.

"I'm going with Lucy and Abby to the mall. Lucy said she needed to buy stuff for her birthday." Ivory explained.

"Do you have money?"

"I didn't think of buying anything. It's not necessary." She explained. She didn't want to admit that the allowance her uncle gave her was almost all spent.

Darius narrowed his eyes at her and walked to the nightstand. He picked up his wallet and took his credit card. She didn't realize what was he doing until he handed her a card. She shook her head and took a step back.

"I don't need it. I already told you I don't think to spend any money." She reasoned.

He put the credit card on the palm of her hand and clasped her fingers around it.

"Buy me something for the ceremony and a gift for Lucy. It will be from both of us. And don't forget to buy something for yourself. I don't want to hear any objections." He said sternly.

She thought about it for a few moments and reluctantly nodded. Darius reached to cup her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Anything for you. You better get going before Lucy comes up here." He said playfully. She giggled and took her purse before going out the door.

She reached the living room where Lucy waited impatiently. She reached her quietly and yelled behind her. Lucy got frightened and jumped from the couch, holding her hand where her heart was.

"Ivory, you're so mean." Lucy whined playfully.

"Sorry." Ivory smiled.

"Are you ready now? I have been waiting for you." She complained.

"Let's go. We are meeting with Abby in the mall." Ivory informed. Lucy nodded, but she had a bad feeling about her. She decided to shrug it off because she hasn't even met her.

They reached the mall in Lucy's car. Ivory didn't expect her to have Tesla. But those were the perks of being Alpha's sister and living in a rich family.

When they noticed Abby, Lucy's face conformed in confusion. She recalled that Abby was the one who bullied freshmen to give her the money. She didn't understand how could Ivory be friends with her but she also didn't want to hurt her feelings by saying that.

"Hey, Abby." Ivory hugged her briefly.

"This is Lucy, Darius's sister." She introduced her. Lucy just shook her hand.