CHAPTER 18

Since Darius found out his mate is pregnant, he was on high alert. Helen wasn't happy in the slightest bit and Layla was jealous of Ivory. But Ivory couldn't care less. She was only worried about her little one and her mate.

When Darius woke up in the empty room, he got scared seeing Ivory wasn't next to him. He got up and looked in the bathroom, sighing in relief.

She was asleep in the bathtub with a soft melody coming from her home. Ivory wanted to relax but it brought her to sleep again.

Darius softly caressed her face to wake her up gently. Her eyes fluttered open as she saw her mate.
"You were tired, hmm?" Darius asked. She nodded and leaned on his hand.

"Can it fit one more person?" He asked.

"You are like two more people." She giggled.

"Hey! Stop offending me and scoot aside." He whined and slipped his shorts off. He joined her in the bathtub filled with warm water and bubbles.

"How do you feel, baby? Are you still nauseous?" He asked her as he wrapped his arms around her body. She leaned on him making herself more comfortable.

"It passed. It wasn't that bad." She replied.

"That's good. He or she is growing fast. I can't wait to hold our pup." He whispered excitedly at the same time rubbing her bump.

"Did you think of any names?" She asked curiously.

"I did. But you probably are not going to like them." He admitted shyly.

"Well maybe if you tell me, I will judge if I like them or not." She frowned.

"Okay okay. For a boy, I thought of Terrell. And for a girl, Nia." He smiled.

"These are beautiful names. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" She smacked his chest.

"I should have if I knew you were going to like them." He kissed her lips.

"I love them. I have a feeling it's going to be a boy." Ivory said.

"I want a girl." He argued.

"Don't fight me on this." Ivory warned as he kept quiet right away.

They finished their bath and got dressed to go eat breakfast. When they reached the kitchen, Ivory didn't expect to see her uncle there. He was talking with Lucy and Jasper while they were eating breakfast.

Caleb got up from the chair when he saw Ivory. She threw her arms around him in a tight hug almost knocking the air out of him.

"You arrived?!" She asked excitedly.

"You called me, silly girl. Of course, I would come to see you. Especially after what happened two days ago. It wasn't enough just to call you." He explained pinching her cheek.

"I'm so happy that you're here. You all started eating without me." Ivory pouted, looking at the couple.

"We were hungry, Ivory. Sit down now." Lucy playfully said.

While Darius and Caleb were catching up, Ivory started eating chocolate waffles savoring the tasty feeling. She was happy that her uncle visited and she was excited to tell him about the pup.

She cleared her throat bringing Caleb's attention towards her. She smiled sweetly before speaking.

"I wanted to tell you..." She couldn't even finish the sentence before he continued.

"That you are pregnant. I know and I'm happy for both of you." She gasped and looked at Darius who held his knowing smirk.

"Darius, I was supposed to tell him." Ivory scolded.

"I was too excited." Darius admitted, feeling guilty.

"Ivory, leave the poor man alone." Caleb chuckled. She frowned but smiled afterward.

They continued eating breakfast in peace until Helen reached the dining room. Everybody ignored her except Caleb who didn't know the reason why they did. He even greeted her with a good morning.

"So many white people in here." She muttered under her breath. Caleb's hearing got worse over the years so he was the only one who didn't catch on to what she said. But Ivory was pissed.

She stood up abruptly, dropping the fork in the process, and glared at Helen.
"I genuinely don't understand what's your problem with me. I never said anything bad to you or never did anything to hurt you. While your son was lying in the hospital bed, you just asked if he was fine instead of coming to visit him. It was more important than making plans with Layla on how to get rid of me and how to make your son hate me. Well, sorry to tell you that your plan failed. And I don't know why is my race bothering you. It has nothing to do with my personality. I'm really tired of you and your rude remarks towards me."

Ivory was breathing heavily as she finished her speech. She was overwhelmed with everything that happened and the last person who could bother her was Helen. She couldn't stand her attitude towards her and she couldn't stress anymore because of her pup.

"I never liked you and I never will. You're are not enough to be Luna. You are weak and pathetic. I bet that pup inside you will get all your genes. He won't even make a good Alpha one day because of his mother." Helen spat, trying to make herself more powerful as Alpha's mother but failed miserably.

"Are you done?" Darius glared at Helen who seemed to flinch at his son's hard glare. Anger was bubbling inside him ready to be released, but he had to contain himself from breaking the table.

He rose from his chair standing at his full height of 6'7 glaring at his mother who was only reaching his chest.
"You're pregnant so sit down." He told ton Ivory who immediately complied and sat down.

"I'm so done with you, mom. I thought you would change your opinion once you get to know her, but you stayed stubborn as hell. I won't let my family be in the same environment as you. And you have no right to claim that my son will be weak Alpha and talk crap about my mate. We are moving out." Darius spoke through clenched teeth.

Helen was looking at the floor, embarrassed because of her son's scolding. Even after he said everything, she still didn't change her opinion. But it was enough for him everything she was ever talking about.

The table was quiet. The only thing that could be heard was Ivory's soft chewing on the toast with peanut butter. Lucy was glad to hear his words to their mother because in her opinion she was acting like a total b*tch to everyone.

Darius sat back in his chair and calmed himself down with a breathing technique. He turned to Ivory to see her chewing softly on the bread. Helen was disturbed and walked out of the dining room.

"Do you want more, love?" He sweetly asked. Everyone was shocked by the change of his mood in seconds.

"Yes, please." She smiled. While Darius was spreading peanut butter on another toast, he looked up at Caleb.

"Sorry for listening to our little argument, Caleb. I hope you are not disturbed."

"It's alright, son. Glad that you're setting your priorities straight. I'm happy that you worry about my little girl." He said while smiling sweetly at Ivory.

"I always will." Darius reassured.

"Did you seriously mean what you said? You're moving out?" Lucy asked.

"I did. I want us to lead a separate life and the baby is on the way. We are going to need space." Darius explained.

"I understand. If you think it's the right decision, do it." Lucy encouraged as Jasper kissed her cheek. Jasper knew that Lucy would be sad about it, but he agreed with whatever Darius said.

"I know it is." Ivory shot him a smile that made him sigh in delight.

A/N

No comment on this one but vote and comment by yourself.

Song: tove lo - habits