T W E N T Y

chapter twenty

season 2, episode 22 'CAREER DAY'

'CAREER DAY'

NATALIA WEARILY LOOKS at Schneider who was with the rest of the parents for career day. Her mom was in Liam's class, the twins played rock paper scissors beforehand and Liam won. Which meant that Liam got to bring Melissa while Natalia was left with Schneider.

"Hey Cor!" Shawn says as Mr. Matthews walks into the class. "It's your dad. He's doing career day, all right."

"It's not alright," Cory slides off his desk, a frown visible on his face.

Natalia cocks her head teasingly, "Ah what is it this time?"

Cory went on, "Today we find out I'm not a basketball player's son."

"Your height told us that," Natalia remarks.

"My dad is a grocer," Cory ignores her jab. "I'm a grocer's son. I am a son of a grocer."

Alan Matthews comes up to the three of them, "Hey Shawn, Nat, Cory," he clears his throat while looking at his flash cards. "Um, guess how mant different kinds of rice we have."

"Oh, no." Cory pleads.

"Come on, guess," Alan urges.

"10?" Shawn guesses.

"Uh, 15?" Natalia guesses.

"10, 15." Alan playfully scoffs. "21. And that's not even counting the short grains. Throw them in, 'forget about it!'," he sends them a thumbs up and walks away.

"Cory," Shawn speaks up.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad I'm not you," Shawn says.

Natalia whacks Shawn's arm, turning to Cory. "It'll be fine, you're dad do great."

"First of all," Mr. Turner says as everyone takes their seats. "I would like to say thank you to the parents," he pauses looking at Schneider, "and Schneider for being here. After they speak, you guys should have a better idea of what kind of vocations interest you."

Shawn proudly raises his hand. Mr. Turner points to him, "Let me guess, Hunter - summer vocation." Shawn frowns, lowering his hand back down. "Find some new material, will ya? Our first speaker is Nat's er—" he pauses to find the correct term. "Well Schneider." The class applauds for him as Natalia sends him a thumbs up.