T W O

chapter two

season 2 episode 2"PAIRING OFF"

season 2 episode 2
"PAIRING OFF"

NATALIA SIGHED AS she heard her parents fighting again. It wasn't anything new sadly, for as long as she could remember her parents never got along, worsening when her David for let go from the construction company 2 years ago. Her dad still couldn't hold or find a job that made her mother happy. Because of her mom's double work schedule, Natalia decided to step up as the eldest child ( technically she was, being 5 minutes older than Liam ). As much as she wanted a simple thank you for putting her family first, she never did and she knew she never would. Her parents always drifted to Liam, he was the only son and he was the basketball prodigy while she was just the twin in the shadows.

Her parents didn't even know her, the only person in her family who ever gave her second thought was her grandpas. Her abuelito died when she was 10, and since then her abuelita has been living in California, she would still write and call her every week but she missed her.

"You don't do anything David!" Her mother shouted making her jump up from her desk and over to the small opening of her door.

She noticed her brother's door slowly opening it so it wouldn't make a sound. She looked over to him and offered him a sympathetic smile, "It'll be alright, listen to music to drown out the yelling." She whispered to him and he simply nodded, shutting the door and locking it.

Staring at the door, she bit her fingernails as the arguing continued louder. Letting out a tired sigh, she shut her door, locking it.

The Cuban girl went over to her easel and the small wooden stool she had there, putting on her Walkman, blasting 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton John to drown out the shouting

"Richard and Cindy?" Cory asks as they leaned against the lockers and saw the new couple making out.

"Very deeply in love." Shawn says

"Since when?" Cory asks

"Lunch." Shawn says

"What did they eat?" Cory asks

"I don't know, but it doesn't look like it was enough." Natalia says, scrunching up her nose making Shawn admire her.

Mr. Feeny comes down the hall and sees the three "Ah, terror trio, don't we have classes to attend?" He says

"Mr. Feeny, shouldn't you break them up or hose them down or something?" Cory asks, motioning to the couples around them.

"Oh, I wouldn't interrupt their tryst, Mr. Matthews. They're both A-minus students and happily struck by Cupid." Mr. Feeny says

"So, if they were C-minus students, you wouldn't let them kiss?" Cory asks