T W E N T Y - F O U R

chapter twenty-four

season 3, episode 3 'WHAT I MEANT TO SAY'

season 3, episode 3
'WHAT I MEANT TO SAY'

NATALIA WAS HELPING a limping Shawn down the stairs, making their way to Cory at his locker.

Cory shuts his locker, "What happened to you?"

"It's the weirdest thing. Last night, I'm sitting at Chubbie's, right? I'm looking deep into Paula Balboa's chestnut eyes. I lean forward, about to make my move, when some yahoo hits me in the butt with a dart," Shawn says.

Cory lets out an awkwardly laugh, "You-You- You didn't see who it was?"

"No," Shawn answers.

Cory shakes his head, "Lot of sick people out there, man."

"How was your night with the lovely Topanga?" Natalia questions. "Hope you treated her good or I'll have to hurt you."

"It was good. Good. Ninety percent good," Cory answers, pursing his lips.

Shawn leans his head closer to Cory, grinning. "And the other twenty percent?"

Natalia raises her brows at Shawn, "Oh wow, you never fail to impress me with your math skills." She said in a flat tone.

Shawn smirks, "You're welcome."

Natalia turns to Cory, "Please continue, please."

Cory fiddles with his fingers as they walk a few steps away from the locker, "Well, I-I may have kinda gotten caught up in the moment and said some things that maybe I shouldn't have said."

"Cor, did you get emotional with Topanga?" Shawn asks.

"It was hard not to. I mean, she looked so beautiful," Cory gushes.

Natalia laughs, "Well that's not to bad. That's all you said right?" Cory stays quiet, Nat and Shawn sharing a fearful look. "Right?"

"I said 'I love you'," Cory says, both Shawn and Natalia let out a weird sounding gasps. "What? What, what, what?" Cory panics.

"Idiota!" Natalia exclaims.

"Once word gets around what you told Topanga, every girl's gonna wanna hear it," Shawn says.

"Not the smart ones," Natalia chimes in. "I need to cancel all my dates."

"Because I said, 'I love you'?" Cory asks.