T W E N T Y - O N E

chapter twenty-one

season 2, episode 23 'HOME'

'HOME'

NATALIA LET OUT an sigh of content when she saw Shawn by the water fountain. It's been 3 weeks since Chet left Shawn to the Matthews and she knew Shawn was having a hard time adjusting.

She raised her brow teasingly at him when she noticed the bright yellow sleeveless jacket he was wearing. "I see you've been going through my Vogue magazines, sleeveless is different coming back." She plays with the string making Shawn lightly smack her hand away.

"Mrs. Matthews got it for me," Shawn distastefully says.

Natalia sends him a look, "She's just being motherly."

Cory joins them before Shawn can retaliate. Cory wearing a matching yellow jacket but his with the sleeves. Natalia snorts, "Oh I thought Liam and I were twins." She jokes earning a glare from both boys, making her raise up her hands in defense. She motions to Cory, "Carry on."

"Shawn, is that the new shirt my mom gave you?" Cory asks.

"Yeah," Shawn confirms. "Looks all right now, huh?"

"Do you know what she's gonna do when she sees that?" Cory presses.

"My guess is - clean it, sew it back together, and put an 'S' on it." Shawn says.

"She's just trying to be nice to you," Cory defends.

"And I'm just trying to get through this ring without making any waves," Shawn says as he walks away from the two.

Natalia pats Cory's upper arm, "He's just hurting Cory, don't take it personally."

"Matthews, Gómez," Turner calls out to them. The two students walk over to Turner and Feeny. "How's it working out with Hunter?"

"Terrific," Cory fake smiles. "Great, I mean we're best friends."

"Listen, if anything comes up, the offer stands. You call me at home anytime you need to, okay? You too Gómez."

"Thanks Mr. Turner," Natalia offers him a smile as she and Cory walk away.

Natalia rubbed her eyes with her fist as she dragged her feet to the kitchen. She dropped her mug into the sink, and scratched her eyebrow.