14

"I guess I shouldn't have expected anything" he added.

"What was he expecting that he could throw me away like a rejected ornament and then come back to me the next second ,why is he being nice to me now? It's so uncomfortable" he thought scratching the back of her neck.

She felt herself sweating in the midst of the whole thing so she sat ba k at the edge and put her feet back into the water.

"You're sweating" he said as he squatted beside her and ran two fingers on the heads of sweat around her neck.

Swiftly she shot up and wrapped her hands around herself. Immediately she went for her shoes behind him and began wearing them but the wouldn't enter and she desperately wanted to get away from him.

Fear grip her and her chest fell when she remembered her mother's words.

"A guy is only nice to a woman when he needs something from her,either true friendship or her body for his sexual satisfaction".

She hissed when her foot won't enter her shoe.

"You're sweat,just dip yourself in the pull and you will be fine" he said as he held her hand.

Desperately she wished she could just tell him she couldn't swim and screamed at him that she was more comfortable with his hostile nature than this meek nature if his.

He pulled her towards the pool while she pulled away but her efforts were nothing compared to his.

Within the blink of an eye he had picked her in his arms and dropped her into the pool though she had shook her head vigorously to communicate with him that she couldn't swim and while she struggled to stay afloat he laughed.

His phone rang and he picked the call.
"Okay"  were the only words she heard him say as he made his way to the garage he hoped into his car and within the twinkling of an eye he was out of the house.

Zuriel was left to struggle on her own for her dear life, she was at the middle not close to any of the edges and neither was there a rail she could hold and lift herself out.
She screamed as hard as she could but in the expansive house if no one was close by her voice wouldn't even reach half way to the door that leads into the house and with the water muffling her voice she was sure it will reach no where.

She struggled to make her way to the edge while keeping herself afloat but she couldn't her efforts proved futile and with every struggle she felt her strength waning away.

She screamed until she lost her voice and the opening of her mouth produced no sound. She cried and cried while still struggling. She was loosing strength and all she could do was pray within herself for miracle.

In no time she felt her feet going deeper and deeper,her shoulders became heavier with every second and more water ran into her mouth and down her throat.
All she was left with were wishes,for an opportunity to see her sister get well. She began to reflect on her life,asking God for forgiveness. She felt herself sinking and every hope for a miracle or a saviour was lost.

Tired and defeated she had lost all strength and the will to live when she felt limp and unable to struggle again. She was still as her body began sinking down.
She had swallowed so much water but before closing her eyes she did say to herself that she had forgiven Myles.

*** ***
Louis was greeted by the quiet living room on his return home. More than anything he wanted to see zuriel and made sure she was doing okay. He went to her room but found and empty space he went into the kitchen bit the staffs there said they hadn't seen her. His eyes lit when he remembered and with a smile he quickly ran up to the terrace taking the stairs two at a time,but to his surprise even the terrace was empty he decide to phone her but when he did he heard her phone ring close by and he followed the sound and found it on the terrace wall. He picked it feeling dejected he went down the stairs with Slough shoulders.