8

"Divorce" the words rang in her ears even as time tick past from seconds to minutes and Mile's patience wane away. The voice became lilliputian to her ear drums and her senses which bad been lost few minutes ago began to return back to her place.

"For one I don't need a woman I don't love in my life,second I have no desire to harbour any burden,thirdly not a little teen girl with disability who has just crawled survive crawling out her cradle and worst of all traumatized at that" Miles spat when Zuriel made no attempt to to respond.

With every bit of gentleness she picked her pad and stared at it blankly.
For one she wasn't ready for divorce, not she did be better off without it,but because she was religious and divorce was off limit for a Christian and she didn't have any solid reason to separated from her husband and the Scripture only permits it when there is infidelity from one of the spouse and only if the faithful spouse is unable to forgive and Mile's had only attack her through words and not physically. And being divorced at eighteen and few weeks after marriage, what a great history that will make. With a sigh she placed down and shook her head staring straight into her husband handsome face that was disfigured by a frown.

"It's nothing hard,I did get the papers ready and you will only sign them, sign that's it" Miles said in an attempt to prod her into saying yes.

Carefully and precisely she withdraw her pad from it's position on the table finally having words for her husband.
Slowly she began tapping on the screen of her pad and though she did her best to be quick about it in that dishelved situation of hers Miles couldn't help but groan as he leaned into the table and propping his head with his hands while waiting for her to finish typing.

"I can't" where the simple words she wrote.

"You can't what?" Miles said under gritted teeth as he leaned forward after slapping the table with his palm.
Zuriel heart skip a beat as her face stood few metres away from Mile's. Their faces were so close that they could feel each other hot breathe against their each others face.

His tone of speaking had attracted alot of unwanted attention from other customers and few of the cafe workers. A waiter shamelessly placed his tray of drinks on a nearby empty table,placed his hands on akimbo and shamelessly gape at them just few metres away from the couples table.

Miles eyes caught sight of him and he scowl at him causing the waiter to hurriedly grab his tray in an attempt to scurry away only to knock an ankle against one of the tables four legs and end up letting the tray to the ground with a clattering sound accompanied by the breaking of bottles and the bottles whole dark content emptied on the floor and form a puddle on the floor. Few laughs and murmurs could be heard echoing around the cafe diverting the attention of the onlookers.

Calmly and quietly Miles returned to his former position and the probing feeling in zuriel's chest dissipated.

"What do you mean you can't?" He repeated this time in a more calmer tone only to her hearing though the irritation was still there.

"It's against my upbringing, religion and principle,I believe to some extent divorce is for people who can't endure,and am not that kind of person" she wrote and her words caused him to give a surly chuckle.

"Really and it isn't against your principle to marry for money?" He demanded with a sly smirk.

"Money is a wrong force for marriage, but circumstances makes you do things you don't want to" she wrote.

"Really?" He demanded and she nodded.

"Am cruel to you let's admit,we don't love each other and I owe you nothing  Zuriel, if the money my grandma gave you is the reason why you are staying in this marriage then I relieve you of such guilt today,we don't need each other and being together us only going to cause us both harm, I can't bear your cross am battling with mine already and it quite heavy, why for goodness sake will you not reason that and agree to this divorce Zuriel?" He said with so much furry while trying hard to keep his voice low from the curious ears of the eavesdroppers who were stealing glances at them.
Zuriel remained quiet,though she was equally angry at  the moment and was trying hard not to say  yes by countering all the pressure her husband was putting on her.
"If one is fire the other should be ice because bad things happen when fire meet fire they burn down places" she remembered her father's words and drank some water to calm herself.