16

Myles came out of the hospital feeling more refreshed than he had gone in, he a heave and sigh heavily. He was about to reach for his phone but felt phones in both pockets and  it occurred to him that he had picked Zuriel's phone before coming to the hospital. Taking them both out he returned his to his pocket and turned hers on. On opening it he saw that her phone was filled with unread messages both from her family and network.
Out of curiosity he went ahead to open the first message. It was from he father.

"Mamele,how have you been,do you eat well?"

"Don't refused food when you are angry OK"

"Is he treating you right?"

"Are angry at me?,you neither call me nor reply my messages"

"Would you forgive me if I say am sorry?"
Was the most recent text,going through those messages Myles could feel the care and love the father had for his daughter, he wished he could say same about his father.
" at least she was lucky in that part" he thought to himself as he went on to tab on the messages sent by her mother.

"Call me when you have the time"

"Your sister is doing fine and her surgery is slated for the 3rd of next month,she really wants to see you,she hadn't stop asking why you wouldn't come see her and all of that,we really wish you did see her before the surgery but given the circumstances I doubt if that would be possible"

Of course he expected nothing less than this from her mother from the little number of contacts they had had with the woman he got to know that she wasn't a lady easy to please she was bad at expressing emotions and you could hardly tell,well except when she's angry. The barely smiles and those not even try to his her displeasure for some reasons he would say he was never sure of himself whenever he's with her.
"Iron lady" that's what he thought of her as.

Moving to her sister's who he had never met but had seen her photos on one or two occasions. "Thirza" was her name and just like Zuriel had the Israeli signature in her appearance and features,she was the reason behind this union from Zuriel's side.
She had sent a few instead.

From the video you could see the hospital white walls and a heavy machine by her side with tubes running from the machine to her body.

She was pretty as well but look nothing like Zuriel.

Thirza began by clearing her throat,she didn't know what to say or she had a lot to say but did not know how to began and that could be seen by her facial expressions and how she continuously shifted from one side to side.

"I wanted to...." She began bit her voice sounded coarse so she cleared her throat again and then continued.

"I really miss you Adira, I just don't know why you hadn't come to see me at the hospital after my admission but am trying to understand that" she kicked her lips and then gave a wide smile you could see through that it was fake, it left her lips so thin that you did fear it was going to tear.

"I know sometimes I've been crazy, made you worry about me when it supposed to be the other way round and still won't apologise with the conclusion that you understood. I wished I could see you as soon as possible, please come visit me"
"Would you?" As she made the last statement you could see the tears in her eyes and then the screen went black and for about ten seconds it remained like that then totally went off.

In the second and most recent video she was in the same predicament but looked more detoriated in health than the previous,she was breathing more heavier and Myles didn't know whether it was his eyes but the machines looked more sophisticated and the tubes greater in number. To some extent Myles was angry at his grandma for sending them on a so called honeymoon when his wife's sister was in such a bad state of health and he being oblivion of the situation had made sure he made life so unbearable for her.