10

Thank God for leading me thus far
******
Tears upon tears,Zuriel cried,she felt guilty for failing perform the one duty she had wanted to perform when she had gotten home yesterday.
"Pray, pray for Martha until something happen" and now she felt if only,if only she did pray more than the few words she had said yesterday things would have been different. She sat up and hug herself on the couch as more tears flooded her eyes with a heavy heart and quivering lips she spoke to the only one who could hear   her voice and prayer,supreme God, her Abba father.

She could hardly form a proper sentence in her disrupted mind and not only did she not know what to say she didn't also not know what to pray for. She link her shaky fingers together and raised them above her head.

"She had only wanted comfort and when she did get that and a little gleam of hope for herself and her children it went down the grain in just a matter of hours as a result of the evilness of man" Zuriel thought.

"Sweet Jesus intercede for me" she said and with that simple sentence she felt relieved in in her state of being. Slowly she brought her quivering hands to her mouth and cover it to block the sob that was threatening to escape her lips. Though she herself needed comfort but her greatest desire was to comfort the children of her bereaved friend.

Fear encrypt her and she shuddered at the thought that one day with the level of hatred between she and her husband it might be her laying in blood in that uncompleted building and not Martha. But even with that she pushed away the temptation of agreeing to a words as Miles words rang again in her ear. Softly she sob and admix tears she knelt down in front on the couch lay her head on it and prayed for Martha's kids,her marriage,husband and herself that the Lord will give her a heart to endure. She prayed and prayed until she fell asleep.

******
Zuriel in her sleep heard a soft knock on the door but thinking it was a dream kept still as she snores away. The knock came again and loudly it was the time and she shot up immediately. She could still feel the heaviness of her eyes which depict they haven't rested well enough and were threatening to close but the knock came loudly again immediately her eyelids met causing to jolt to her feet spraining her ankle in the process. She massage it with one hand while cleaning her face with the other  to rid herself of any whiskers made by her spittle when while wondering who had lock the door.
Then it dawned on her that she was actually the person who locked the door when she got in so she will be alerted of her husband's appearance.

She trudge to the door and unbolted it and standing before her was the man she was married to. She lifted her eyes towards hers not knowing why she did that and their eyes met. He stared down at her with certain I intensity that cause her body to heat up and she swallowed at the effect.

His eyes caught her and red swollen eyes and the dry tears on her cheeks. Even her lips looked plump and dry, his eye brow furrowed together in anger and he couldn't help but think the woman is always looking for a reason to cry.

She brought down her head and shifted to the left to allow him passage but he didn't budge instead he kept his gave fixed in her. Then she e advance to the right and the moved in unison, she moved to the left again and he followed at the same time.

"Will you get out of my way already?" He yelled and she shook at the sharpness of his voice. This were the first words he was saying to her after the incidence and they didn't sound nice.

They both moved to the right at the same time and Miles  hissed in annoyance as he pushed his whole through the little space pushing Zuriel in the process, she staggered and in a attempt to balance herself so as not to hurt her hurt ankle she instead twisted the same foot and landed on the floor with a thud scraping it against the wall. She winced in pain and stretch forth her hand to touch it. More pain shot through her when her hand came in contact with her exposed flesh and she let out a sob which caused Miles to turn towards her. He observed her unladylike posture on the floor and his eyes traveled to her exposed legs, he eyes followed  the long slender pairs from her foot to where her skirts had ridden and stopped way above her thigh bring her red short leggings to sight. She quickly pushed her skirt down when she felt his eyes boring into her thigh defensively and he chuckle as he walk towards her, though one part of him was warning him against helping her but he felt he should since he caused her the pain. He was ready to try and be nice to her and this wil be his first step of walking towards him the previous encounter not included because she had kept him hanging at the door.