9

Louis zoomed off on his power bike motorcycle,restlessness wouldn't make him sit back and wait for his mother to find Zuriel a part of him felt ashamed and guilty for his brother's act and he couldn't cursing him as he ride in high speed through the streets of Paris. His tamed hair flew high behind him as he maneuvered his way through traffic almost causing an accident and earning curses from fellow drivers but he ignored them his mind set on the mission at hand.

On the other hand aunt Doreen sat in the car restless,she couldn't help sighing and hissing,everything at the moment seems to Irritate her from the speed at which the driver was driving which to her seems to be explicitly slow than usual to the music       playing from the FM  radio channel that the driver had tuned to. She gritted her teeth and bit her forefinger impatiently.

"Dépêchez-vous"she yelled to the driver and he sped up.

******
Zuriel sigh while rubbing her palms against her arms,the sun had finally set and the night air was getting cooler and cooler. She could feel her eyes getting heavier and heavier with every passing second and at a point she doze off but snap her eyes open when she felt herself falling.

She felt she needed to try finding her way even if she couldn't remember what route the driver took and the buildings he drove past since she was seated in the car behind tinted glasses. She walk way from the cafe and into the streets,looking to her left then right confused for a second which way to go. On instinct she followed her right and walked straight passing a good number of tourist and some girls in short dresses and high heels with heavily painted face and small purses chattering in French and laughing at the top of their voices. The streets light had illuminated the area making the gratified paintings look more Beautiful than ever under their light,giving the place an amazing scenery. A group of drunkard walked towards her and she almost bump into them while staring at the paintings,she scooted away immediately when one of them tried to enfold her in an embrace. With fright she spring in step and hurried away not slowing to admire the paintings anymore,a lot of locals walking their dogs also passed by, cars driven in high speed zoomed pass her carrying people who were either hurrying to their homes for the weekend,or people who work at night on weekends or people who had one engagement or the other.

A sleek expensive looking car stop in front of her and she shift back wondering why the driver will drive into her she she isn't obstructing the road in any way,in fact she was walking on the side walk. The driver wind down his glass showing her flashing a grin displaying a set of sparkly white teeth and with the wiggling of his brow told her to get into the car.

She fumed and walked away going round the car.
"What does he think of me,a whore?" She huffed and hurried off.

Another came but this time on a motorcycle and halted in front of her and her heart skip in fear.

"Found you" the driver said grabbing tightly to her wrist. She winced and whine twirling her hand in the driver grasp.

"Calm down"Zuriel it just me" Louis said taking off his helmet as he release his hold and her eyes widened in recognition.

Zuriel heart and eyes couldn't help but swell in joy.

"Did I scare you"he asked getting off and she nodded.

"Sorry" he said ruffling her hair with a smile on his face and she smiled back happily.

"Miles is stupid"he said flatly and Zuriel nodded.

"Sorry for his stupidity" he said and she nodded once again.

"Are you hungry ?" He demanded and Zuriel shook her head negatively. For a while they stared at each other awkwardly no one saying a word then Zuriel looked away shyly and Louis swallowed a hot spittle feeling a heavy load on his chest. How pity he felt for this young girl,it was bad enough that she had to marry a stranger at a very young age and now she's being treated badly by him which was worse,even though he couldn't understand her pain entirely,to some degree he could feel what she was going through.