Chapter One

Ashley's PoV:

A soft knock at my door woke me from a very needed rest. I groaned and slowly made my way to door, I opened it to see my Aunt Jenna standing there.

"Good! You're awake, Elena and Jeremy are about to leave for school, I thought you might want to say goodbye to them"
She said brightly, but her eyes filled with concern.

I nodded and took my time getting down the stairs, Elena and Jeremy were talking to Jenna about something, I wasn't really paying attention.

"Have a good day at school!"
I said with my best fake smile, before grabbing an banana and retreating back to the solitude of my room.

I threw on some jeans and a shirt, laying down on my bed with my laptop in my lap and eating the banana.
Ever since the crash, I had mostly preferred my own company to others.
Elena and I are twins, and even though we had the same face and body, there was quite a few differences.

For one, I was albino, while my sister has gorgeous brown hair, I have platinum blonde hair that goes well with my very pale skin. My eyes are also a extremely light gray, which makes it look like I have no pupils, which some people find disturbing.
Another thing is that while Elena has Bonnie and Caroline, I have no one.

Elena and I have never been that close, despite being twins, so I never really hung out with her friends, again, I preferred to to be alone.

What I am doing currently is my online classes, at the beginning of high school, it became very clear to the teachers that I was way too advanced to learn from them.
So they signed me up for online classes at a nearby university. Whittemore to be exact. Which suited my needs just fine.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

Aunt Jenna had dragged me away from my room to socialize downstairs, ugh.
I stepped down the last step and went into the kitchen, trying to avoid my sister's new boyfriend and his brother.

"Ashley!"
Crap,

"Come over and introduce yourself!"
Caroline's very annoyingly perky voice called out.
Cursing silently, I plopped down on the only empty chair,

"Hi I'm Ashley"
I said with one of my famous fake polite smiles, Stefan and Damon stared at me (Elena had told me earlier their names)

"Guys chill,"
I muttered as they continued to stare,

"I'm albino not an alien"

Aunt Jenna laughed from the kitchen, but covered it with a cough,

"So Ashley..."
Stefan broke the awkward silence,

"Are you older or younger than Elena?"

"Seven minutes older actually"

"Oh, ah, I didn't realize you were twins"
I rolled my eyes,

"Most people don't since I'm a little taller"
Damon kept looking at me, a smirk on his face,

"Well anyways,"
I got up,

"Nice to meet you, I'll be heading back upstairs"

I quickly grabbed some cookies from the table before Jenna could stop me and ran back up the stairs.