Chapter Six

Wind was all I felt on my face as I ran, the breeze whipping my breath straight out of me. I stopped for a moment to lean against a tree to catch my breath, my chest rising and falling as I inhaled and exhaled.

I was on my morning run, while Elena preferred jogging through my very boring neighborhood, I liked to run through the woods. The roots and stumps made it more of a challenge for me.

Once my breathing returned to semi-nornal, I sprinted off into the forest at a top speed, running off my anger and frustration. I had always been good at running, even since I was little. Once I even joined a local cross-country team for a little while.

As the back of the Salvatore Boarding House came into view, I suddenly got an evil idea. Sneaking into the back, I poked my head inside the living room to see Damon drinking, as per usual, like dang, it's only nine AM.

Making almost no sound, I make my way down to the basement, where I open a door to see a daggered Elijah lying on the floor. Yeesh Damon, why'd ya have to go and ruin his suit like that, I mean, the poor dude was already half-dead, no need to destroy his clothes too.

Bending down to reach the dagger, I hear the door open behind me, and i look up to see Elena standing awkwardly, confusion on her face. Since it was obvious that we were here for the same reason, I motioned for her to shut the door and help me out.

Pulling the dagger out swiftly, I put it in my sports shorts to save for later. Elena and I sit against the wall as we wait for him to wake up.

A gasp resounded through the room when Elijah finally woke up, Elena immediately went to his side, motioning for him to be quieter.

"K-Katherine?"
He gasped out, clutching her arm,

"No it's Elena"

Why would he even think it was Katherine, she's wearing a cardigan for gosh sakes! Also Katherine would absolutely not undagger him for anything.

"I c-can't breathe!"
He stuttered,

Crap,

"He hasn't been invited in!"
I whispered-yelled at Elena, and I felt a whoosh as he sped past me, trying to get out.

We ran back upstairs to see Elijah gasping on the front step like a fish out of water.
Elena negotiated with him while I boredly leaned against the doorframe. She suddenly snapped her fingers under my nose and I was almost tempted to bite them off.

"What?"
I snapped at her,

"The dagger"
She commanded, holding out her hand for me to place it in. I rolled my eyes and slipped it out of my pocket, keeping eye contact with her, and handed it straight to Elijah. I smirked at her disgust and her inability to control me.

~~~~~

Elijah drank out of blood bags, while Elena talked to him, I however, scrolled through fanfiction on my phone in the backseat.

Elena's phone suddenly rang, probably one of her two toys- ahem, sorry, I meant boyfriends.

"Elijah is a man of his word Stefan, I can trust him"
She said to him, keeping eye contact with Eiljah though.

"Be proud of Elena, Stefan!"
I said straight into her microphone,

"She finally did something semi-smart!"

A pause,

"Why the heck is Ashley there?"