Chapter Nine

Light penetrates my eyes as the harshness of the morning wakes me up. Groaning, I reluctantly sit up in bed, stretching with a yawn.

Suddenly, all of last nights events came back to me. With another groan, I sink back into the softness of my mattress. Deciding that I had a lot of things to today, I finally arose from my den of iniquity.

Making my way downstairs, I pass Elena and Alaric heading out for one of Elena's 'sessions'. I shake my head at them, I bet Elena can't even punch.

Setting an oversized mug beneath the keurig, I turn it on the strongest setting and listen to soft brr it makes as it brews.

Deciding to actually have a full breakfast, I turn a burner on and set a frying pan on it.
Cracking an egg into the pan, I sprinkle salt and pepper on it as the edges turn white.

Shoving bread into the toaster, I turn around just in time to flip my egg over, (I like my eggs over-medium)

Plopping the egg onto a plate, the toaster dings, and the coffee goes off at the same time. Perfect timing.

Fixing my coffee the way I like it, I sit down for a peaceful morning. No vampires, no hybrids, and no annoying doppelganger siblings. I find Alaric tolerable though.

After I was wash my dishes, I head back upstairs to get dressed. Throwing on some dark jeans, a gray shirt, and an army green jacket, I head out the door with my bag.

~~~~~

Pulling the string on the generator, it makes a putt putt noise as it starts up. Flipping on the master switch, the room is filled with light. Or rather, the cave is.

Soon after Jenna's death, I had discovered a hidden cave behind the waterfall at the quarry. It's the perfect place for a base, because the rushing water right outside prevents anyone (*coughs* vampires *coughs*) from snooping in on converstaions.

It now served as a sort of bunker, tables and shelves were scattered about the place. Filled with many tools and useful items.

The source of light was a bunch of fairy lights that I had attached to the ceiling in a zig zag pattern. It added a very comfy feeling to an otherwise dark and dank place.

The generator I had pilfered from a junkyard provided energy enough for the lights and a small mini fridge and I had also pilfered. Both of these things were in bad shape when I got them, but with a little elbow grease I had fixed them up nice.

Setting my bag on a table, I pulled out the knives I had used last night. The small needle-like one still had blood on it from Dana and Chad. Dipping into a cup of water I washed it off with a polishing cloth.

The next knife I pulled out was the one I stabbed Stefan with. I stolen it back from Klaus last night while he wasn't looking. Blood pretty much went up most of the blade, so I
cleaned it like the other one.

 Blood pretty much went up most of the blade, so Icleaned it like the other one