Chapter Eight(Senior Prank Night)

3 Months Later

Carefully opening the door, I haul my bags inside and dump them on the floor with a thump.

"Hello!"
I hollered out,

"Is anybody home?"

No answer. I mean there's no welcoming committee, so I guess being gone for three months for an internship has no effect at all. My family is so welcoming.

Dragging my bags up the stairs, I set them on the floor of my room and collapse on the bed. Groaning, I get up because my phone starts ringing.

Unfortunate Look-Alike

"Elena, what do you want?"
I ask her tiredly,

"Ashley, I wanted to see when you'll be in town. Tonight's Senior Prank and Caroline keeps saying she's gonna drag you to come if she has to fly down to North Carolina herself"

"First, I'm already home. Which I texted you my arrival time yesterday, but you left me on read. Second, why on earth would I go to 'Senior Prank Night' I'm not even technically a student"

I heard muffled talking in the background,

"Caroline says you have to come because you've never had the high school experience, and you would've been a senior this year too. Also she'll drag your butt out the bed you're probably sitting on to come and have  'normal teen fun' with us"

I sigh and rub the bridge of my nose,

"Fine, I'll come. But I'm only setting up one prank before I leave, okay?"

"Good, meet us there later"

She hung up, and I collapsed back on the bed to try and sleep before I had to interact with people.

~~~~~

"C'mon! Seriously!"
Caroline shouted as the lights flooded on and all the traps sprung up.

"Do you know how long it took us all to set this up?!"

"Forgot about Senior Night huh?"
Tyler asked the rather startled Matt,

"Yeah I guess"

"Boo!"
I shouted as I sprang out from the behind the door, Matt sprang away in fright.

"Gosh! Jeezes Ashley don't do that!"

Laughing uncontrollably I sank to my knees,
"O-oh my gosh, ha-ha-haha! That was hilarious!"

My laughter slowly dies down as Elena and Caroline continue talking. I cough to get the tickle in my throat out.

Elena starts walking out the door,

"Hey! Where are you going?"
Caroline calls out,

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories"

"I'll come with, seeing as how my one prank got busted"
I grabbed my jacket and headed out beside her.

We passed Tyler handing out toilet paper and telling the other boys to get the faculty bathrooms.