Chapter Fourteen

As I get older, the idea of becoming an alcoholic becomes more and more tempting. So that's why I'm sitting in the Mystic Grill, drinking away my problems with overly strong coffee.

My peaceful mental breakdown was ruined by Elena and Caroline walking in and sitting behind me. They were gossiping and talking trash as usual.                     
Apparently, they're confused as to why the Mikaelson's are throwing a ball. Like seriously, the first thing you do when you return from a thousand years of sleep is throw a party.
To learn all the drama of course.

Honestly, I was all fine with ignoring them, that is until Rebekah walked up.

"Careful Caroline. It's all well and good until she stabs you in the back."
Ha, spread the truth sis!

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals"
Elena pointed out, rather self-righteously I might add.

"Well Elena, the last I checked, this is a public restaurant and a free country. Not that you would know anything about free will."
I took a long sip of coffee as all three girls turned to face me.

"What Ashley said. It's not all about you Elena."
Rebekah walked closer and handed me a sealed envelope.

"My family would love to have your company at the ball tonight."

Taking the invitation from her, I smirked.

"Well then, I'm inclined to acquiest to your request"

She smiled back at me and made her way over to Matt, to invite him too I presumed. Elena & Co glared at me while I put the envelope in my bag and headed out the door.

As I crossed the parking lot, a hand suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Ashley darling. Would you like to accompany me shopping for dresses for the ball tonight?"
Rebekah asked, a hopeful look on her face. I sighed, but also glared at her hand on my arm.

"If you removed your undead hand off my appendage I might consider it."
I replied tartly. She hurriedly removed it, and looked at me with puppy eyes.

Sighing again, I agreed. Rebekah squealed like a little girl and dragged me to her car.

~~~~~

Two hours later, I collapsed on my makeshift bed in Retreat. Rebekah had dragged me into every single store in the mall it felt like. My social battery is now drained, so I recharged it by watching tv shows and drinking even more coffee.

After a little while, it's finally time to get ready for the Ball. Somehow I had convinced Rebekah to not help me get ready.
So I simply put on the dress, didn't even put makeup on, and barely curled my platinum blonde hair. Caroline will be flabbergasted by my almost no effort outfit.