Chapter Fifteen

Third PoV:

Rebekah walks into the Mikaelson's living room wearing the same dress from the night before.

"Well, well, well, there's our girl!"
Kol blocks her path to escaping the ridicule of her brother.

"Get out of my way, Kol."
Rebekah demands and tries to sneak around him to only fail.

"Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt was it?"

"If you don't shut your mouth, the best thing to come out of it will be your teeth."
She threatened. Klaus grins, sketching on the couch nearby.

"Don't start, Nik!"

"I didn't say anything."
He defended himself, still smirking.

"I'm bored,"
Kol complained.
"Our sister is a strumpet but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

"What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it."
Klaus questioned, not looking up from his drawing.

"It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."
Kol urged.

"Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."

"Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around in it."
Rebekah complained, walking off.

"Just like you, Bekah."
He dodged the shoe that she threw at his head.

"Good riddance, both of you!"

Elijah chose this particular moment to  make an entrance from his mother's study he was snooping around in.

"Rebekah."

"Not you too, Elijah!"
Rebekah gasped out, exasperated.

"I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behaviour?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?"

"Burnt sage."
He held up the rather charred bit of plant.

"You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."

"Because he's helping her."
Spoke a voice towards the end of the room. Where stood Ashley Gilbert, standing in the middle of the living room.

All four siblings turned to look at her, Klaus and Kol had halted their advances to walk out.

"And what do you know about it?"
Kol demanded. She did nothing but look at them all with a small smirk.

"Because of this,"
Ashley held up her phone and hit the play button on a recording.

"I love my family, Elena, but they are an abomination. I betrayed nature when I created them. It's my duty to kill them."

Esther's voice resonated within the room, and Ashley paused the recording. The siblings stayed silent. Elijah looked sad, Kol, angry, and Klaus was downright murderous with a hint of betrayal. Rebekah's face was flooded with silent tears.