Chapter Ten

Groaning, I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"What?"
I answer groggily, my morning voice raspy.

"Now that's no way to greet a friend darling."

"Rebekah. Let me guess, you hijacked Stefan's phone and stole my number"
The covers falling off me as I sit up in my bed.

"That's correct. It sounds like you just woke up, it's two o'clock in the afternoon dear"

"Don't be rude. I had a college paper due at four o'clock in the morning. It was almost overdue because I was too busy dealing with all the vampire problems in this town"

"Well I suppose that's a reasonable excuse."

"Get to the point Rebekah. Why did you call?"

"Can't a girl just call the only friend she's made in this godforsaken town?"

"First of, not in this 'godforsaken town' as you so poetically put it. Second, I'm not your friend. So either you're really bored, or you need something."

"Fine. I need you to come to the Boarding house later. I invited Elena to come over to tell her some about my past. I need you there to make sure she doesn't do anything drastic, such as shove a dagger in my heart. Which will inevitably end in me killing her"

"Now why on earth would I stop you from killing her? She's as annoying to me as she is to you"

"Wow darling, you really don't care for Elena. And here I thought Stefan was exaggerating. Anyway, just come. I need your help picking out a homecoming dress"
She then hung up before I could even reply. I glared at my phone before collapsing on my bed. Stupid Originals and their egotistical superiority complexes.

~~~~~

Letting myself in at the Boarding house, I announce myself by yelling out,

"I'm here loser!"
I walked into the living room to see Rebekah cheerfully reclining on a couch. Elena looks horrified at the six compelled runway show girls.

"Really? You invited her too?!"
Elena asks Rebekah, exasperated.

"Really feeling wanted sis."

Rebekah gestures for the compelled girls to twirl,

"Well Ashley here is much more reliable, and sharper I might add, than you and your friends. She's here to make sure I don't kill you"

"Or I might just watch as she disemboweles you"
I shrug nonchalantly,

"Either one. Depending on what mood I'm in"

Elena still looks horrified, which I smirk at.

"Whatever. I didn't come here to pick out dresses Rebekah"
Elena says in her 'I'm-Elena-Gilbert-you-have-to-do- everything-I-say' voice.

Rebekah flashes behind a girl, and reveals her fangs.

"Pick one Elena"

"Fine! Okay the red one"

I roll my eyes, literally everyone that comes in proximity of this town is overdramatic. Maybe it's the water supply, I should probably check that out.