Chapter 15 - Zayn

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly hate Simon Cowell any more than I already do, I'm yet again proven wrong.

Turns out he pushed yet another contract on Louis.

After Harry briefly told us what Louis told him, I haven't been that angry in a hot minute.

Let's just say my glasses suffered greatly from the aftermath. Liam helped me clean up the glass from the kitchen floor.

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. We decided to sleep here last night as well. Five people in one bed, again.

We were all pretty wasted after drinking all the alcohol in the house. Niall had the brilliant idea to play a drinking game.

The rules were, one asks the group a yes or no question. If the answer is yes, you drink.

It's now the next day and we're all hungover in an elevator at 11:57 am.

"I hate you, Niall. I hope you know that.", Liam groans.

Niall mumbles something intelligible from his spot in the corner. We still have 15 stories to go.

None of us bothered to dress up in any way for the meeting. If anything, it's dressing down to sweats and t-shirts or an occasional hoodie. Simon is probably going to throw a fit over the fact that we're all hungover and look homeless.

Let him.

The elevator doors finally open.

"Let's go lads.", Louis sing-songs, leaving us following close behind.

None of us says a word on our walk to Simon's office, ignoring all the looks we get from the people we pass.

I am pretty much ready to run in the opposite direction from the anxiety crashing over me when I spot Simon waiting for us at his desk with a fake smile plastered on his face.

But Niall gently pushes me through the door, ruining my chances for escape when it's shut close behind me.

I should've voted no.

"Hello, boys. Please sit.", Simon gestures to the five chairs in front of the desk. I'd rather be anywhere but here.

Judging by the distaste evident on the other's faces, I'd say they agree.

Once we're all seated, Simon claps his hands together. "So, I'm going to cut right to the case."

"I'm good, thank you. How about you?", Niall mutters from his seat next to me, causing a chuckle to leave my throat.

I slap my hand over my mouth. As if that would help.

"Something funny, Zayn?", Simon asks, failing at keeping up his act. The toxic, homophobic fucker shining through.

"N-no.", I stutter, feeling a lump form in my throat as my breathing picks up.

I thought I was over this, but apparently not. The words he spoke when I left still has a hold over me.

"What did you say, boy? Speak up.", he mocks.

"Leave him alone. What do you want?"

I snap my eyes to meet Louis'. I mouth a 'thank you'. He nods in return before glaring at Simon.

Simon clears his throat. "You're going to do a reunion for your 11 year anniversary.", he states.

When did we agree to this?

"Excuse you?", Niall sounds just as confused as I feel.

"You are going to do a tour for Made In The A.M. No one is going to leave in the middle this time.", Simon glares at me for a split second before continuing, leaving a heavy feeling in my stomach.