༄°🜸💀∿'🥷໑twelve.

i woke up to felix kissing my forehead, his lithe fingers gently brushing aside my messy hair to uncover the skin. i groaned and hid under the warm covers. 

"morning baby bread," felix peeled the covers back to expose my sleepy head. 

"mhpmfhm lemme sleep," i rolled away from him, hugging my desert fox plushie tighter.

"i'm going to be late for school, innie, i've gotta go, okay? you'll be fine by yourself?" 

i looked up, opening my eyes. i immediately regretted it, as i'd forgotten to close my curtains and sunlight was pooling into the room, making it bright and airy. lix was at the side of my bed, looking like an angel, the sun's rays billowing around him like a halo. he'd managed to convince his mom to let him stay overnight, and he'd cuddled me just like chan would've done. it was the best night of sleep i'd had in ages

"o-okay," i nodded, curling back up into a tiny ball in the duvet covers.

"i made you some pancakes, bubs, all you need to do is heat them up again," felix stroked my hair, a fond smile lighting up his freckled face. 

"thanks lixie," i grinned, and i reached up to hug him, and he gladly obliged, "you're the best!"

he giggled, then straightened up and shouldered his bag, "i've really got to go, i'm running late. by the way, hyunjin left his number for you on the table."

"oh. okay...anyways, see you later hyung!" i wasn't quite sure what to think about that, so i just put it into my list of things i'll have to think about later and went back to sleep. 

when i woke up again, it was way past midday. my phone was laying on my bedside table, and i picked it up lazily. 14:46, it read, and a couple of missed calls from channie💕 and a bunch of notifications from tHrEe hOeS iN a p0d.

i guess i've got to get up, sooner or later. nevertheless, i savoured the moment for a little longer, stretched luxuriously under the covers like a little cat and crept out into the living room. 

felix's pancakes were still on the table, along with a small note. 

+xx-xx-xx-xx-xx 

hope you feel better soon, sweet pea 

call me whenever you feel like it

i pocketed the paper, and popped the pancakes in the microwave. the tv remote was lying on the sofa, so i picked it up and flicked through the channels. nothing. i sighed and leaned against the counter. what now? 

the microwave beeped, scaring me out of my skin. seriously, microwaves need mute buttons. those things are loud as hell, and the bEeP beEp beEP is so just annoying. 

the pancakes didn't taste as nice as they would be if they were fresh, obviously, but they were still heavenly. 

he really do be cooking like a chef imma five star michelin—

my phone buzzed again, and i realized it was another missed call from chan. i quickly picked up my phone and tapped onto his contact. 

"hi channie sor—

"jeongin are you okay?"

"yeah, of course i'm okay, what's up?"

i heard him heave a huge sigh of relief from the other side of the line. 

"i just—i was so worried when you didn't pick up..."

"i'm really sorry channie, i was sleeping, i'll make sure to make my ringtone louder next time!"

"yeah...listen, i need you to stay inside for a while, okay? don't answer the door to anyone, unless you can see it's your jisung or felix and you can clearly see that they're alone, you hear me?"

"what? chan, what's happening?"

"yoongi and his minions weren't in school today. i'm worried they're looking for you."

"w-why would they do that? why would anyone..."

"they're afraid that we're going to press legal charges, which we are. seungmin and i are looking into it every second of our spare time. but it's going to take a while, and that leaves plenty of time for yoongi to get to you and force us to cease the investigation and renounce any legal actions against him."

"what am i supposed to do? can i help?"

"for now, not much. actually, there is one thing you can do. obviously, stay inside and stay safe, and maybe try to rile up your classmates a little more? there's talks that some teachers and students are going to go on strike for the school to give us the cctv footage for our inquiry, but i don't really know, for now, they are rumours. anyways, seungmin and i will be coming over tomorrow afternoon, and we'll bring groceries and everything so you won't have to go out to shop, if there's anything you urgently need we can get one of your friends to bring it to you. is that okay with you?"

"s-sure," i whispered, my hands starting to shake a little as i held the phone up to my ear. 

"i miss you too, foxy, stay strong!"

"fighting," was all i could reply to that.

"fighting!" chan went on, "i love you so so so much, my little fox, and i'll see you soon, call me before bedtime, okay?"

"okay channie, i love you too, bye," and i hung up, slowly lowering the phone back into my limp hands, then back into my pocket. my fingers brushed the little paper, and i took it out. 

i typed the number into my phone, and contemplated what i should say. 

+xx-xx-xx-xx

+xo-ox-xo-ox

hai 

it's jeongin 

hope i'm not bothering u :3

hyunjin 

hi 

you're not bothering me, don't worry

sweet pea

wait you replied 

aren't you supposed to be in class rn 

hyunjin

yeah :I

sweet pea 

hmm

go study 

hyunjin 

no u 

ˢᵉᵉⁿ

i didn't mean that

ˢᵉᵉⁿ

please don't leave 

ˢᵉᵉⁿ

༄°🜸💀∿'🥷໑

ello ello ello 

how are youuu

i'm okay i guess 

i have exams coming up, again *le sigh*

time to go study 

btw make michelangelo study if he's too lazy to catch bugs, he's gotta do something 

if he doesn't do that just make him clean the house or make him watch you burn his salad