◌•💍○•☔️●•◍•seventeen.

that doorbell needs to die. 

lord, please oh please take me back to the days when it wouldn't give me a heart attack every time someone rang it. 

after my usual peep from the curtains, i let chan and seungmin in, both of them engulfing me into an embrace, a hug, a cuddle, a caress. i lost count how many seconds, minutes, hours that they kept me close. 

i could hear their hearts beating. it was a pretty sound. they didn't beat in unison or anything, it was more like when you listen to a song, and you've got the base, and then the melody. they don't sound exactly the same, but they beat in the same rhythm, and as a whole, they sound nice together. without each other, they'll sound boring, but together, you get music, you get a song. i hope, one day, i'll find my melody, or my base, and i'll finally be whole. together, we'll be a song.

"i'm so sorry i couldn't be here," chan whispered to me, his arms around seungmin and i. 

"doesn't matter. you're here now, that's all that matters to me," i smiled at him. 

"we miss you so much," i could feel chan's adam's apple bobbing up and down against my shoulder, and when he pulled away, i could see that his eyes were sparkling from emotion.

"i'm sorry," he finally let the tears slide down his face, sobbing into my shoulders. "i'm so sorry you had to go through that."

seungmin took his hand and led us towards the sofa, laying him down gently, whispering soothing words. 

"why am i even crying," chan sobbed even harder at that, "it didn't even happen to me. i-i'm just so—

"let's just forget this. i'm tired of talking about it all the time. i just want to forget. i want to keep on living life like it was before, because i'm still the same person." i was glad i got that off my chest. 

chan hugged me again: "you've gotten so big now. when did you get so big? i can barely hug you anymore, you're so grown up."

"i'll make dinner," seungmin offered, fluffing up my hair fondly. 

chan and i lay together on the soft sofa, arms enlaced, breaths getting softer and sounder. 

"we're going to be okay," i promised him, giving him a little squeeze, "we're all here, we're all healthy, we're all happy."

"seungmin and i have done lots of research," chan turned towards me, his voice gentle and calm. 

"for the case?"

"yes," he nodded, "we just need a few more details, the footage from the cctv cameras, and we're ready to take him to court."

"thank you so much for doing this," i whispered, melting in his arms, "i know you're my brother and you feel like you have to do it because it's the right thing to do, but i really appreciate you guys taking from your free time to make this happen."

"it's nothing," chan replied, "honestly, it's nothing. and seungmin is a professional at this kind of stuff, he's determined to bring his actions to light and to give you the justice you deserve."

"food's ready," seungmin called out, and we sat around the dinning table. 

"we'll discuss our plan after," chan said, "for now, let's eat!"

seungmin's cooking was definitely better than jisung's, and we devoured the risotto in minutes. 

"thanks seungmin, that was delicious!" i wiped my plate clean with a piece of bread. 

"you're welcome!" he swiftly cleared away the table and sat back down next to chan. 

"are you okay with us talking about our plans with you, innie?" seungmin asked, and i could tell by the tone of his voice the offer wasn't sarcastic, or shallow. 

"sooner rather than later,"  i replied, sitting down into my own chair and bracing myself. 

[a/n: i've never dealt with court or anything, i tried to do some research to make this as realistic as possible, but if there are any inaccuracies please point them out and bear with me]

"okay," seungmin pulled out a folder from his bag and placed it onto the table, opening it up and flicking through its pages, "what we need right now is the footage from the hallway cameras, to provide evidence to the the jury. we can get it either by asking the principal of your school, or rile up your classmates to pressure him, if he refuses. personally, i opt for the arson option, which is to burn the school down b—

"ha. no. anyways," chan cut in, "we're aiming for a prison sentence of ten to fifteen years in a federal prison, because yoongi is over 18, and a fine from 3 to 6 million ₩."

[a/n: that's around 2 000 to 5 000 dollars ish~] 

"the fact that you're a minor will add severity to the case, but the fact that you weren't...penetrated, will definitely lessen his sentence compared to if he had," seungmin continued, then paused to check if i had understood. 

i nodded, then crossed my arms, almost hugging myself: "so all we need to start prosecuting him is the cctv footage."

"yep," chan nodded, "and we need to get as many witnesses as possible. do you know anyone that would be willing to help? we need to be sure they appear on the footage."

"i know someone who could," i licked my lips nervously, "but i just had an argument with him, and he hit yoongi, that'll probably be on the footage."

"you mean he assaulted yoongi?" seungmin asked, taking my hands in his own. 

"yeah, he did. he punched him a few times, but he only did it to protect me," i quickly added, fiddling with seungmin's fingers. 

"shit," chan swore under his breath, "this means by exposing the footage of yoongi sexually assaulting you, we'll need to expose the footage of hyunjin physically assaulting yoongi."

"wait you mean the guy who fell in the pool at our party? that's hyunjin?" seungmin asked, turning towards chan. 

"yeah," i replied, "but, does this mean that hyunjin could go to prison for hurting yoongi?"

seungmin paused to think for a second, flipping through his folder, and pulled out two sheets of paper, spreading them out towards me. 

"that all depends on the severity of the assault: see, if it was considered by the jury as a class c assault, he would receive a maximum fine of 500,000 ₩."

[a/n: that equals roughly to 500 dollars]

"that's not too bad," i left out a sigh of relief. 

"no, but this is," he pushed the second piece of paper towards me, "if it's considered as a class a assault, he could be punished with up to a year in jail and a maximum fine of 4.5 million ₩."

[a/n: 4 000 dollars] 

"oh," i gasped, "that's pretty bad."

"can i ask what you two fought about?" chan stared at me, and i didn't feel like i really had a choice anymore. 

"he'd come to stay the night, so i wouldn't be alone," i paused when i saw chan's shocked face, "we didn't do anything! i asked him to come over! that's not the point, come on, please hear me out. in the morning, there someone was at the door,  and i begged him not to open it but he did. i hid upstairs in your room, and when he came back he told me it was a news reporter investigating on the incident at school. i kicked him out of the house after that."

"is he trustworthy?" chan asked, leaning forwards to hear my answer. 

◌•💍○•☔️●•◍•

double update today bc i'm special like that :D