Chapter 6- Axel's POV

I followed Harrison into an office that wasn't being used and stood in the middle of it while he looked around before he closed the door and locked it. I frowned, not liking how he was so tense, and wondered what the matter was. "Ha-"

Harrison gestured for me to stay silent, so I closed my mouth without another word. He stayed silent and walked to the windows that had the curtains open and closed them after he looked around to make sure that we were alone.

I frowned but still stayed silent because that was what he had told me to do. I did not like that he was being so quiet, so secretive, but I knew better than to ask him what was going on when he was searching like this, for I had seen him do it many times before as if he was paranoid that someone or something was following us and trying to listen in to our private conversations.

Finally, Harrison sighed and nodded, and I could tell that he felt comfortable about us being alone. He cleared his throat and stood taller when he turned towards me, his eyes grave and his gaze hard.

Power filled the room, and I instantly bowed to it, not questioning the power that came from him.

"We have things to discuss, so remember," he ordered while he stared at me with hard eyes.

Power coursed through his voice, matching the power that filled the room, and a shiver went through my spine, and I shuddered as I had the past few times this had happened.

Memories of the past four years filled my mind, especially the thing he told me the last time this happened in which he wouldn't order me anymore since we were at this pack and with my mate. He said that we were safe, which was why we didn't have to do it any longer.

I opened my eyes to see a grave Harrison staring back at me, and I could tell that he saw the worry on my face. "Y-"

Harrison raised a hand, and I stopped talking but kept my mouth open. "We don't have time for that, Axel," he said, and I closed my mouth without saying a word. "I know that you know everything, now, so there is no need to call me "Your Majesty" and then start that conversation again."

I hesitated but nodded, deciding not to push him because I knew that he was not in the mood. "What happened?" I asked instead. "Why do I remember everything? I thought we were safe, which is why the meetings have ended."

Harrison sighed and shook his head before he cleared his throat. "We are in a safe pack," he said, and I bit back a sigh of relief and nodded. "However, I have word about the remaining two children of the original twelve bloodlines."

My heart stopped, and my whole world went still. I stayed silent while I waited for him to continue, but that didn't stop the worry that I felt because I had no idea why he was so grave.

Did we lose before we even had a chance to fight?

"They aren't dead," Harrison said, and I had a feeling that he knew what I thought and wanted to calm my fears. "Unfortunately, one of them is about to turn sixteen in the next couple of days, and it is my duty to make sure that they are bonded together."

I didn't respond but nodded. I knew that it was painful for the human to transform into a wolf and prayed that I would never have to watch it myself. I had no idea if I would be doing it myself or not, but I had a feeling that it was the duty of the true royal to do it.

"As the next king, it is your duty to learn about how to get the wolf and human form bound together so that they can live in peace and harmony."

I furrowed my brows further and cocked my head. I had no idea why he said it was my duty when I wasn't a true royal, but I knew that I would have to question him later. "But those are the last two," I said instead. "Aren't we able to stop the curse that has befallen on you all after we have collected them, though?"

Harrison sighed and shook his head, no, and my heart became filled with grief, for I didn't want to see my daughter go through that pain; I didn't want to see any of these kids go through it because I had a feeling it could destroy me. "We have to find the witch, or the witch has to find us before that happens," he said.

I moved a hand through my hair and nodded with a soft sigh. "Will I be watching you this time?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation.

"You will not have to do it unless I am killed or die," he said. "My father did that for me, and I will do that for you."

I cocked my head and studied him when my question got too much to bear so that I had to ask. "Why isn't Lizzie learning this?" I asked, finally. "She is the actual heir to the throne and not me. I am the mate with no special abilities."

"Because you are the Heart," Harrison said, and I raised an eyebrow in question. He sighed and cleared his throat while he shook his head. "I thought it was my daughter, who was the heart, especially with her healing abilities, but it has been you all this time."

I didn't respond and studied him, trying to find the answers that he did not give me so easily. I had no idea what he meant, but there was this one piece of information that kept coming into my mind repeating itself over and over again until I couldn't ignore it.

And the one with the heart of gold will lead us to greatness.

Harrison caught the look on my face and slowly nodded in confirmation. "You are the one with the heart of gold," he said, confirming my suspicions out loud.

I sighed and moved a hand through my hair before I cleared my throat. "How long have you known?" I asked, and Harrison shrugged and grimaced.

"I knew that you were important to us and to the kingdom since the moment I had first met you when you were about four or five," he replied. "I hadn't realized how important you were until you told me that my daughter was your mate."

I hesitated but nodded. "Are you going to tell Liz?" I asked, and he shook his head, no. "Wh-"

"Because you are not supposed to know that she had shifted until she had shown you or told you," Harrison replied, interrupting me, and I closed my mouth and pressed my lips into a thin line. "Once you know that she has shifted and these meetings have come to an end, then she may know."

I nodded, and my thoughts drifted back to when Liz met my children, and her eyes had gone wide while she made the signal towards them. "She'll know that they are part of the original twelve, too," I said, and Harrison nodded in confirmation and stayed silent. "Since we will have everyone, what will happen next?"

Harrison shook his head and cleared his throat. "I don't know," he said, and I could tell that he was telling the truth. "We have to find a witch, or a witch has to find us."

"And we don't know when that will happen?" I asked, and Harrison shook his head, no. I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded. "When will we be leaving?" I asked.

"Friday afternoon before the kids and Liz get home."

I opened my mouth to protest that I had promised the kids and Liz I'd take them to the beach that weekend only to close my mouth when he raised his hand, without saying another word. I pressed my lips into a thin line but didn't say a word because he didn't want me to.

"I know that you told your mate and kids that you would take them to the beach during the weekend. Unfortunately, there are times when plans have to be changed, and this is one of those times."

I sighed and nodded, knowing that he was right. My heart started to ache because I knew how disappointed the kids and Liz would be because I had to leave during the weekend to find the remaining two of the original twelve.

However, it was my duty no matter how much I hated it nor agreed with it. I had to make sure that the original twelve were together and safe. It was my duty to protect them and make sure that they were alive so that they could help save the world.

So with a sad sigh and a hand through my hair, I nodded and said, "of course, Your Majesty. I will let them know once they get home."