Chapter 16- Lizzie's POV

Someone cleared their throat, and we pulled away from each other to see Cage standing there with his hands behind his back. He had this smirk on his face, and I couldn't help but scowl while I looked at him, wishing that there was a way I could get it permanently off his face.

"Yes?" Axel asked, and I still couldn't believe that he was so calm about this whole ordeal while he kept me in his arms. He didn't look annoyed with Cage at all, and I couldn't understand why he wasn't. "What is it?"

"Since you two lovebirds are now... lovebirds again, I think that it is best for me to leave." He gestured to a corner of the room before he cleared his throat, and I looked that way to see that there were a few busted punching bags. "Or, I could clean this up for you so that you two can have a nice chit chat, whichever is fine."

Axel shook his head and cleared his throat. "I can clean it up tomorrow," he said softly. "It's my mess, so you don't have t-"

"I wasn't asking for your permission to clean it up, Majesty," Cage said, interrupting him, and I opened my mouth to yell at him for doing that to my mate, but my mate stopped me with a small pinch to my side. "I was going to do it anyway. Can't sleep." He shrugged and grimaced.

My mate set his jaw and slowly nodded, worry flashing through his eyes while he looked at the other male. "A-"

"Would you relax, Majesty?" Cage asked with a small scoff and rolling his eyes while he scowled. "I'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with me, a-"

"And, you are lying right there, so I suggest you stop," Axel said, interrupting him, and Cage scowled but didn't say a word. "However, I will go ahead and take your advice. My mate and I do have stuff that we need to discuss, and I will owe you tomorrow or sometime."

Cage smiled and shook his head. "No can do. Majesty," he said. "I can't take anything from you. Go ahead and talk this shit out with your mate." He looked at me and wagged his finger at me, teasingly. "Don't yell at him or get mad at him," he said. "You still have a lot of stuff to l-"

"Good night, Cage," Axel said, interrupting him from talking, and I looked between them with wide eyes.

What the actual fuck?

Cage grinned and bowed mockingly, and it didn't elicit a growl from Axel like I thought it would. "Good night, Majesty," he said with a small laugh in his voice. "I hope that you get a good night's sleep with your mate by your side a-"

"And you will take care of the rest before you get some sleep yourself, thank you," Axel said, interrupting Cage from talking, and unlike with me, Cage didn't scowl or sneer, "for everything."

Cage grew serious and nodded. "Of course," he said before he grinned arrogantly, and I would have walked over to him and punched it off his face if Axel didn't have his arms around me. "Now, if you will excuse me, I'd like to start cleaning so that I can get to bed too."

"Hmph." Axel nodded before he looked at me. "Shall we?" he asked and raised an eyebrow while he stepped away, leaving me feeling cold and lonesome while he offered me his arm.

I looked at his arm before I looked at him and slowly blinked. "Carry me," I said, not taking his arm. "Please."

My mate's lip went up, and he nodded. "Of course," he said and took that extra step until he was near me again. He picked me up, and I instantly wrapped my legs around his waist and laid my head on his shoulder. "Happy?" he asked, and I nodded while I closed my eyes.

"Yes," I replied, and my mate chuckled and nodded.

"Good night, Cage," my mate said while he started to walk to the door, and I opened my eyes while I looked at Cage. "I mean what I said."