Chapter 12- Lizzie's POV

"Go away, Axel," I said when there was a knock on my door, expecting him, even though a part of me knew that he wouldn't try to talk to me while I was like this. "I do not want to speak to you right now."

"Then it is a good thing that I am not Axel," the person at the door, Cage, said. "He's getting more of the cards done for your inauguration coming up soon. He knows that you don't want to see him right now."

I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling groggy and not wanting to talk to him either. "Go away, Cage," I said tiredly. "I don't want to speak to you either."

"I brought a kid with me who wants to talk to you. Do you not want to talk to her?"

"I am not a kid," Lisa said. "I am a-" She stopped talking and huffed, and I had a feeling that she wrinkled her nose and pursed her lips. "Never mind."

I bit back a groan and sat up, not in the mood to push him away because he did bring Lisa. "Hey, Lisa," I said and tried to smile at her, but it didn't work and turned more into a grimace than a smile. "How are you?"

Lisa rolled her eyes and scowled. "Don't give me that, M- Liz," she said, catching herself from saying something. "We're here to talk about you and Papa."

"And to bring you food since you didn't take any," Cage said while he held the plate of food. "Caroline's orders." He looked at Lisa and raised an eyebrow, but Lisa ignored him and stared at me.

"And what is Axel doing?" I asked, not able to hide my curiosity, even though he had already told me.

"Again, he's working on your inauguration cards or is about to start," Cage replied. "He'll be in his office for a while."

My heart sank, and I couldn't help but frown, not happy that he would be in the office for a while. I guess he didn't want to see me...

Cage scoffed and rolled his eyes as if he knew what I was thinking. He walked into the room after he gently shoved Lisa through the door and closed the bedroom door "Cut it out, Nosac," he said, and I glared at him. "There is no need for that bull shit." He looked at Lisa. "Sorry, Kid. Don't tell your dad. He'll have my head if he knows I cussed in front of you."

Lisa shook her head and bit back an amused smile. "He'll have your butt, not your head."

Cage shrugged and looked unamused. "Same difference." He looked at me and frowned. "But seriously, stop with this bull shit and this feeling of being hurt."

"Shut up," I snapped and narrowed my eyes at him. "This is real hurt. This is my mate we are talking about and the promise that he is breaking."

"A promise for the greater good," Cage emphasized and raised his eyebrows. "Have you asked your dad where they are going?" He cocked his head and studied me.

I didn't respond and pressed my lips into a thin line because I hadn't talked to my dad at all about this.

Cage sighed and shook his head while he moved a hand across his face, annoyed. "Of course not," he said coldly. "Why not ask the man that is taking away your mate about what is going on. Have you thought that he might have found the rest?" He gestured to Lisa.

I looked at Lisa and then looked at him while I pressed my lips into a thin line. "But then why wouldn't he tell me and ask me to come with him?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Because you are still a child yourself and in school," Cage replied, "and Axel isn't."

I wrinkled my nose in annoyance and pursed my lips while I rolled my eyes. "So he is being agest," I said coldly, "or sexist."