Chapter 32- Axel's POV

Nila cleared her throat and furrowed her brows further while she pressed her lips into a thin line while she stared at me. "How safe is your pack, Axel?" she asked while she cocked her head to the side and studied me with a raised eyebrow. "And be honest with me, please, Axel. Don't overthink it. I want to know what's going on in your pack and how safe it is."

I bit back a small chuckle and shook my head while I moved a hand through my hair, trying but failing to stop myself from tensing. "It's more complicated than that, Nila," I said before I shook my head again and shifted in my seat, clearing my throat. "It is better than what it was when my father and Parker's father were in our positions as Alpha and Beta."

"How come?" she asked and furrowed her brows while she cocked her head and studied me further. Nervousness and worry filled her eyes while she stared at me, and I could tell that she didn't like that. "How is it better than what it was when your fathers were in your positions?"

"The pack is a lot stronger than it was in the past for one," I replied before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat some more. "We're more united than we have been during their time as Alpha and Beta, and I believe it is because of everything that we have been through as a pack. There was a lot of unrest and fear going on in everyone's mind, especially when Parker and I were younger and new to being Beta and Alpha."

Nila hesitated and furrowed her brows further while she pressed her lips into a thin line and cocked her head, studying me further. Her eyes turned darker while she stared at me, and I could tell that there was a lot of doubt in her eyes. "Were there a lot of fights?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

I bit back a small chuckle and slowly nodded. "Yes," I confirmed and moved a hand through my hair. "There were a lot of fights in the pack and then there were a lot of people that wanted to take control of our pack or destroy it."

I set my jaw and flexed my fingers a little before I curled them into fists, and I watched my hands shake before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat while I looked at her. "We had a lot of people that didn't want us to be alive or to be in control of our said pack."

Nila hesitated before she slowly nodded and stayed silent, silently urging for me to continue. Pain and sadness filled her eyes while she looked at me, and I could tell that she wanted to know what else happened to my pack when we first started out.

"We had a few different groups of rogues attack our pack, and we had to fight them to protect our pack. There were a few deaths during that time, but thankfully, and by the grace of the Moon Goddess, there weren't that many."

She slowly nodded and cleared her throat, biting the inside of her lip. "Have any packs attacked your pack?" she asked while she cocked her head, raising an eyebrow in question, and I nodded in confirmation. "How many?"

"A couple of packs attacked ours," I replied with a small shrug before I cleared my throat and shifted some more in my seat. "There were a few packs that had attacked us to test our strength and defense, but it stopped when we were in control for a while," I replied. "Thankfully, most of the Alphas from these packs started to respect us when they got to know us and taught us stuff that we still follow to this day. Our alliances with these packs are strong."

She slowly nodded and cleared her throat, shifting in her seat with furrowed brows. "What did you have to learn?" she asked and raised an eyebrow in question. "Like are you able to tell me some examples if that's ok?"

I bit back a small chuckle and slowly nodded. "I don't mind telling you, but I can say that we have learned a lot, more than what we would have learned from Parker's father," I said before I cleared my throat and leaned back further in my seat. "One of the Alphas that taught us stuff was Alpha Davis, and he taught us how to run a pack and how not to run a pack. We learned how to get our pack members to open up and tell us what they need and such in a way that was respectful but helped them out a lot."