Chapter 19- Axel's POV

I got into the van the next afternoon and bit back a small sigh while I looked at Harrison, who was in the driver's seat already, waiting for me.

"Axel," Harrison said and dipped his head closer to his chest in greeting. "How are you?"

"Good," I said and put on my seatbelt while I nodded before I cleared my throat and grew serious. "How about yourself? How are you?"

"Good," he grunted. "Are you ready?" he asked and raised an eyebrow, and I nodded in confirmation while I stayed silent.

"Hmph." He nodded and started the car before he started to drive toward the way we had to go. "How is everything going with you and Liz?" he asked. "Have you gotten through the hoops?"

I noticed him tensing beside me but didn't point it out. "It is going good," I said, and he slowly relaxed and bit back a small sigh of relief while he nodded. "I think she is ready for the kids to call her "Mom," even though she is nervous about it."

Harrison slowly nodded again, and he stayed silent.

I sighed and moved a hand across my face before I cleared my throat and shook my head. "She is nervous about it, though," I said.

"Why?" Harrison asked, and I shrugged and grimaced. He set his jaw and gripped the steering wheel tighter, and I bit back an annoyed scowl but sighed because I knew what he would ask. "Have you asked her?" He looked at me from the corner of his eye and raised an eyebrow.

"I have," I confirmed and nodded. "She is my mate. I care about her, her feelings, and her well being. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her." I gave her a pointed look, and Harisson slowly nodded while he grabbed the steering wheel tighter.

"I know," he said apologetically before he cleared his throat. "Are you ready for what is to come?" he asked, changing the subject while he raised an eyebrow in question, and I nodded in confirmation.

"I am," I confirmed and nodded before I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat, feeling slightly nervous. "Is it going to be dangerous?"

Harrison shook his head. "It isn't," he said, "if you follow exactly what I say and do what I tell you to do. I promised my daughter that I will keep you safe for her and for your children."

I bit back a small snort and slowly nodded, not surprised that he wanted me to do what he told me to do.

It was for my protection, even though I couldn't help but be annoyed because I was his Beta.

Harrison sighed and held out his hand, and I looked at his hand before at him. "I am going to need your phone, however," he said.

A part of me didn't want to give it to him because that was the only way that I could contact my mate, but I gave it to him anyway. "May I ask why?" I asked while I raised an eyebrow.

Harrison didn't say a word and did something to me to divert my attention away from my phone and him while he caused my phone to disappear, and I pretended that I didn't notice.

I prayed that the Goddess would make sure that Harrison doesn't know that I knew he did something to my phone and to me.

Harrison sighed and moved a hand through his hair while he shook his head. "It's for your protection, Axel," he said coldly. "Don't ask questions that you don't need answers to, yet."

I set my jaw before I slowly nodded and cleared my throat. "Of course," I said coldly.

"You are to stay near me at all times," he said and looked at me from the corner of his eye. "You don't speak to anyone unless I deem it safe. Is that understood?"