24. Marred by fate

Leonardo

For a long time, I stayed inside the car. My body baked from the heat waves but the thought of returning home or talking to Zemira seared me even more dreadful. 

With the remaining ounce of strength I had, I decided to face the music. The salty beach air filled up my lungs as I rolled down the windows. Molded by the heat, finer sand conjured up mirage along the side of the street.

Crashing through all, I drove for long till my sweaty palms slid off the steering and the engines choked on fumes. My fleeing attempt came to a halt as I parked the car and walked into the elevator, mentally prepared for Zemira's wrath and discontent over the one thing I promised her. 

Fidelity.

I fell victim to the same state of affairs I once admonished Antonio.

When I walked in, Zemira was on a call. She didn't display any sign of disappointment, nor a hint of rage. Zemira appeared serene.

My troublous guilt always had bad timing. Like rekindled flamed, it appeared inside my head, melting away every justification. It then slid into each cell in my body, accusing me of breaking yet another promise. The promise to protect someone.

How could I hurt the woman who meant more to me than I cared to admit?

"It's not what you think, Zem. What you saw..." I struggled to explain. 

I didn't want Haley or any other woman. I wanted her.

"I know the truth."

She snaked her hands into my hair, pulling me close. Waves of desire crashed over me when her plump lips interlocked with me. Her body danced over me. The chances of it being a dream were high. I wanted to hold onto it till slapped with certainty.

I ran my hands into her silken locks, tasting her. The state of desire to have her, to hold her, broke the chains of inhibition. I pulled her over me. She adhered to my command, interlocking her legs around me as I carried her to my room.

Zemira's soft moans, played me into a trance as she deepened our kiss. There was no other time I wanted her more than now. No other time, when I wanted to fall on my knees and worship her.

Every attire over my body formed a hindrance, keeping me away from her. My coat, tie and shirt, all traced a trajectory to embrace the floor. 

Zemira ran a finger over my belt buckle, watching me with hooded eyes. Her smile wasn't innocent anymore. It turned crooked, enticing me to play along. Her gaze wasn't curious either.

Devoid of her silken wraps, the woman in front of me tempted me to sin.

Her reflexes were faster than that of a hungry predator, ready to slit and gnash her prey. My pant and the belt were shoved off harder. With every passing second, her soft breaths grew heavier. Zemira knew well what her needs were. What her body craved.

For once, our cravings and desires matched. For once, she felt what I had been feeling all alone.

Every time her hand roamed over me, inhibition chains withered, letting me walk towards her alluring trap. Tilting her back on the bed, I knelt, plunging my face into the heaven I wanted a piece of...

Zemira growled as I pushed her closer to a state of euphoria. My tongue and fingers worked in tandem to satisfy her. Her body shivered. Goosebumps trailed over her soft skin while her hand ran into my hair, pulling me up.

"My turn." The smirk on her face was enticing. Challenging.

She was always the competitive one but today, it wasn't about world dominion. It was about bodily submission.