Chapter 5

Christmas is here. I remember how excited I was when I was younger that my brother and I fell down the stairs from trying to race down the Christmas tree first, it was honestly a laughable thought. Mom put down a plate of roasted chicken in the middle, the smell making me feel hungry.

"Don't even try taking a bite, (y/n)!" mom scolded as I sigh, sitting back on the chair. There was many things on the table that I wish I could eat like the glazed ham, beef, fruitcake and many more.

I reached out to the cup filled with candy canes and unwrapped one, at least I can eat this.

Our relatives we're coming to visit today on Christmas and I'm sure it would be a lot of fun. It's mostly the only time that all our family would gather up, since some would be able to come back from abroad. I looked at Alex beside me, mindlessly texting on his phone.

I leaned closer out of curiosity of whoever he was texting with as he turned his phone off. "Stop being so nosy, (y/n)!" he pushed me away, turning his phone back on with a smile on his face.

"Is that Norah?" I smirked, taking a bite of the candy cane. "That's none of your business." he rolled his eyes at me, but I knew him well enough to know that it was Norah. "Is she coming over?" I asked excitedly, he sighed and looked at me for a few seconds then back to his phone "Yeah," he finally answered back.

"Mom! Alex's girlfriend is coming over!" I said loudly, Alex covered my mouth and I laughed. "Don't even try licking my hand!" Alex furrowed his brows, removing his hand on my mouth. His phone vibrated on the table, catching our attention.

Before he could even take his phone I snatched it away. The screen of his phone automatically opened as my eyes went wide open, my mouth agape.

"Is it okay if I bring a friend over?" the text read. No doubt would it be Perseus. Alex took his phone back and looked at the screen, reading the text aloud. I shook my head no, "Don't even think about it!" I yelled. "Oh yeah definitely won't," Alex said wryly with a smirk on his face.

He opened his phone as I lunge forward, but was unsuccessful when he blocked my head with his hand. "And, send!" he laughed. "I hate you, Alex!" I glared but he only laughed. I got up and stomped my way back to my room.

The thought of Perseus coming over made my stomach lurched. I didn't know why I feel nervous and flustered over him, but maybe its the incidents that happened weeks ago in the bookshop and the festival. Remembering those made me feel worse that I slammed my bedroom door close and locked it.

Stay calm. I thought to myself and began to rummage through the wardrobe, trying to find something more suitable to wear since my friends are coming over.

Though I was glad Norah would come over, it must be lonely for her to spend Christmas alone. My venture through the wardrobe was unsuccessful, there wasn't anything I liked.

When I turn around I flinched, seeing a red, knee-length chiffon dress laying on my bed. Never have I seen this dress, and I certainly know I locked the door on the way here.

I checked the door, twisting open the doorknob as it opened. I should really tell dad about the door, its honestly freaking me out. I looked back at the dress and touched it, it was really soft.

It had ruffles on the top and was wore to be off the shoulders. I excitedly put it on and looked at myself, twisting and turning to admire the beauty of this dress.

The skirt was so flowy, it made me feel like a princess. My phone vibrated at the vanity table, it was Alex making me come down to meet our relatives that just arrived. I combed through my hair and took one last glance at myself and headed down the stairs. "Oh my, you look so beautiful (y/n)!" Aunt Ruby complimented as I thanked her.

"Hey (y/n)!" A male voice said behind me. I turned around and was met with a brown haired man that was around his 20s but much older than my brother, "Long time no see, Adrian!" I chuckled as I lunged forward and hugged him, making Adrian tumble backwards.

He was that one cousin that was filthy rich, I always envied him for being successful when he was in my age. He worked with big brands and his modeling career was still booming.

We talked for a bit and greeted other relatives. A knock on the door could be heard as my heart came to a stop. Alex walked towards the door and opened it, there I saw the same dark brown eyes that immediately met my own (e/c) eyes.

Norah looked at me in the crowd and waved her hand, I waved back and smiled. "Whose the guy?" Adrien asked, sipping his glass of wine. I snatched the glass of wine from his hand and gulped it all as I gave it back, "Are you okay?" Adrien asked with a hint of concern. "Yeah, certainly." I replied back.

Alex beckoned me over with a smug smirk on his face, making me want to step on him. I glared at Alex's direction as I walked towards Norah and Perseus. "Hey," I smiled, avoiding Perseus's gaze.