Chapter 34

(Y/n)'s POV

I winced in pain with every stroke the vampire lady did in brushing my (h/c) hair. The other two ladies that came to my assistance snapped the gold, pearly dangles on both of my ears. The other woman that brushed my hair roughly slowly put the festoon, pearl necklace.

I flinched a few inches away for a moment with the sudden cold touch of the gold. I looked at the mirror but saw no one in sight. Not even the females. Though, I felt unrecognizable with the heavy pounds of makeup. I gasped as I felt the corset tighten, I almost choked.

"Uh, can you please loosen it?" I asked in a whisper, trying to catch a breath. "Nonsense! We dressed Queen Victoria herself! To be a queen, you must look like a queen!" she tightened the corset to the point that I had to clench on the edge of drawer.

What she said utterly made no sense. I suppose they just really hate my guts, or maybe this is their way of taking satisfaction in wanting the prince dead. They take it all on me. "But...but I'm no fucking queen." I blurted out in each heave.

They ignored my complaint and focused instead on my cathedral veil that they put on my head. They all abruptly stopped when the door slammed open. I looked around and saw Perseus on his own suit, gazing up and down at my physique.

"No, no, no," he pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. They all looked down in a worry, their hands clasped together while the other one trembled. Perseus looked back up with eyes that glow, "What have you done to my fiancé! You made her look like a clown!" he yelled while they whispered their apologies.

"Get out!" he roared in order. They bolted out of the room in one swift motion and closed the door as gently as possible. I glanced at the wall beside it to see a the doorknob's shape engraved on the wall, Perseus must have opened it with strength.

I looked back up at him, his eyes spectating my face. He smeared the powder with his finger, a thick portion came off as he made a tsk sound.

"I want you to look as beautiful as I first saw you! Such filths! And what's this?" he picked up a hairbrush with many (h/c) strands of hair. Perseus broke the wooden brush in half and snickered "They're definitely going to die." he whispered to himself with fiery rage all over his eyes.

He gave me a wet cloth as I took off the pile of makeup off my face. It was honestly refreshing and it made me feel like myself, even if I could no longer see my own reflection. Last night was the last attempt of trying to take the ring off, but I was fully unsuccessful.

Today was our wedding day. Am I going to fully turn into a beast? Maybe. "Isn't it unlucky to see your bride before the wedding ceremony?" I looked up sternly, "I couldn't help myself, and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't want another person walking down the aisle, I want you walking down there." he cupped both of my cheeks.

Instead of warmth, I felt nothing but coldness. It was like a corpse touching me with its bare hands, a reminder that I'll also be dead for eternity with flesh and bones. Yet, something felt missing. A dream that was so foggy, I couldn't seem to remember any of those people.

"Do you miss them, (y/n)?" he asked as I gave a mystified look, the answer was at the end of my tongue but I couldn't seem to know or form the words. "Who are they?" I asked, Perseus raised a brow but quickly changed his demeanor.

"Oh, nothing." he chuckled to himself, softly stroking the wet cloth on my forehead.

I gazed down on the floor, looking down with fists that clenched on my gown. My feet wanted to run away, away from this hellish place. The voices in my head chanted the word run ever so often but where will I be then? Would I still be alive before I could even step one foot out of the outside world?

My mind was drowned with innumerable questions with a yearn for answers.

"Now! Shall we go, (y/n)?" he asked with a small smile. I nod in reply, keeping my voice dead as possible for I had no more motivation left. No more hope, no more escape.

I let my mind stab me with all the pessimism thoughts, at least that would distract me from doing anything foolish.

I stopped abruptly from my tracks, the heels of my shoe stopping from the clicks beneath the concrete floor. I looked up to see myself in a large hall, with two ladies accompanying me side to side as I held a bouquet of fresh, red roses. .

"My lady, this way." she pushed me forward, unlike the others I've met she was more soft spoken.

We turn to a large, oak door as they both stepped back away from me. I clenched on the bouquet tight to hide my trembling hands. The doors opened, I jumped when I heard the organ suddenly play. A thousand of eyes looked at me, peering through me with knives.

I took a step forward to the crimson stained carpet, with each stride I felt like I was about to get jumped and eaten. Perseus stood there at the altar with a giant upside down dark, oak wooden cross. A big window was probably behind those drawn in red and gold thick curtains.

With each step that I took from the staircase, the more pressured I felt from the beasts among me. Perseus helped me from the last step up, touching my quivering hand.

"Ladies and gentlemen! As we all celebrate the union of two people, I would like all of you to stand up in glory!"

A red haired lady stood in front of us, facing the vamps as they all obeyed to the woman's request.

"Thousands of you had gathered this time of year, a time to mask the face of she most fear. Let the bloody grins stay hidden, with its ferocious looking teeth!

As we all witness of a union, a unification! Of a mere human and vampire!"

The red haired lady's voice echoed throughout the room with its piercingly strong tone. Perseus squeezed both of my hands, penetrating me from his gaze.

"In the name of all beasts and vampires, I ask you, Perseus Kinsley of all darkness and evil within this realm, will you take (Y/n) (L/n) as your wife? And choose eternal life over blood?"

Perseus looked at my eyes with a small smile "I do." his voice echoed out the room with a strong tone, wanting everyone to hear it loud and clear. You're mine. was what's in my head, and I will soon be really his.

"And you, (Y/n) (L/n), will you, of all darkness and evil within your realm, will take Perseus Kinsley as your husband? And to obey his every demand, choosing eternal life over blood?"

A thousands of eyes stared at me. I bit down on my lower lip, clenching back the words I dare not say. "Say it." Perseus demanded in a low, hoarse whisper, trying his best not to glower.

I stared at the concrete floor and finally gazed back up, "I-"

"PROTEST! I PROTEST THE WEDDING!"