Chapter 19

"Wh...what?" was the only words I could utter out. I was flabbergasted by his request, I would say yes if we were together for years. Though, I wouldn't either if I knew his real colors like today. Either way, if selling myself could free my family off of harm, then so be it.

His hands that held my hand tightened his grip, but not enough to make me feel any pain. "Y...yes, I'll marry you." I looked away, letting those words out gave me a loathe of disgust. I could no longer envision myself walking down the aisle with a person, but rather a devil.

Perseus cackled a laugh, "I won." he announced. I looked up to see Eric with a look of fear written all over his pallor face. Perseus took off Eric's gag, "You dumb bitch! You're getting me killed!" was the words that came out of his filthy mouth as he cried.

"What..."

"I hope you die! This is all your fucking fault!"

His words echoed through my ears. I clenched my fist, wanting this terror to end. I wanted to go back, back where I was. I wanted to be in my bed, his words made me remember everything.

Everything that I always wanted to avoid, they all came back in just a slap of the wave. As if my legs hand the mind of their own, I walked towards the knife on the floor. Perseus stood there in the corner, observing what I was about to do.

I felt like my mind had shut down. Die. Die. Die. DIE! the voice in my head chanted, I raised the knife at him. He became still, his body trembling and his eyes bawling out with tears. I lunge towards his eye, I blinked.

Eric gasped, the blade inches away from his eye. My hand trembled in fear of myself, to think that I was about to do the unthinkable. I let go of the knife, I gasped for air after holding my breath. "I..."

I heard Perseus clapping behind us, he picked up the knife on the cold floor and examined the sharp blade. His hand tracing on the blade, cutting the tip of his finger slowly.

"Why did you leave me in a cliffhanger, (y/n)?" he sighed, kneeling beside us. "Now I have to continue it all on my own." he pinched my cheek, laughing at the situation like a kid. He was too tranquil, too lively in this horrifying massacre that's about to happen.

"NO! Please!" I yelled but it was too late, his knife struck through his heart. Blood gushed out when he pulled out the knife. Eric's head fell on my lap, my body fell stock still. Perseus clenched Eric's hair and pulled his lifeless body up, he leaned forward and inhaled.

He exposed his fangs as I looked away. I tucked myself in the corner, covering my ears and wishing for myself to wake up.

Perseus clenched my hair with his fist and dragged me to my feet, I tried pushing him away but he was too brawny unlike myself. "Look, (y/n)," he turned me around, I closed my eyes and looked the other way. "He's gone!" he chuckled, his hands turning my head to look.

Curiosity got the better of me as I fluttered my eyes open. There was no one there, the only evidence left was the stained mop beside the boxes at the corner of the room. "I cleaned it up for you, (y/n)." his hands snaked around my waist and turned me around as he took my hand.

His body felt cold to the touch, he pushed my head to his chest but I felt no heartbeat. "Perseus..?"

"Be careful (y/n), a touch can kill a person." he whispered through my ears. "Wh...what do you mean?" I asked, looking away from him. "Let's tell them tomorrow, (y/n)!" he laughed, stepping side to side as he forced me to dance with the music. He left my question unanswered, his eyes looking down at me with a mischievous smile painted on his face.

there's someone who'll love and guide you

Turn around, look, look at me

Oh I've waited, but I'll wait forever

I'm gonna wait for you to come to me

Look at someone look at someone who really loves you

Turn around, look at me

As he spun me around, his laugh could be heard in every inch of this room. The music felt like it was blasting through my ears. I was sick, sick of all this bullshit. I was still fighting with myself in my head, I was still in the midst of repudiating as if that would do anything.

I looked at the corner of the room, a bag fell down as blood seeped out from inside. I gulped, not wanting to see the sight of it anymore. Every step we took in this basement, it all felt familiar. It was like the first time we met, and the first time we danced. Yet, it felt dim and disarranged.

I was trapped in the hands of an unhinged monster.

My thoughts were burst when I felt Perseus sliding a ring to my finger. I looked up at him, the ruby ring he gave me last Christmas was within his grasps. Perseus threw it away and held my arm up to see. "Perfect! Isn't it?" he looked at me.

The purple sapphire gleamed through my eyes with the black, metal ring. Perseus caressed both of my cheeks, wiping away the tears that fell. "I hate you..." I whispered without moving an inch, looking at his eyes with furrowed brows

He kissed my nose, expressionless without any hints of remorse or anger. "I love you too, (y/n)." he whispered back, kissing my lips softly.