Chapter 37

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)? (y/n), honey?" I heard a familiar voice as I felt the soft, cushioned pillow beneath my head. I fluttered my eyes open to see familiar faces right in front of me, "Mom? Dad?" those words rolled out my tongue, their warm hands caressing my cheeks.

I was no longer back in the captivated area but was back inside Castriel's tent. My memory felt fuzzed, and the last thing I remembered was the lady they called Makaria's scream.

Her hoarse yell rung through my ears that night, but I was eventually suffocated enough from her grip that I fell into a deep slumber.

"Oh, (y/n)! You're alive!" my mother wrapped her arms around my neck in a sob, I pat her back and got up to meet face to face with two more familiar people. In a blink of an eye, memories flashed through me.

"Norah! Alex!" I called with open arms, they both hugged me tight and whispered sweet nothings in my ear. The affection I felt and the warmness of their body enlightened me. "Drink, (y/n). Drink! you were in a coma for 2 days!" my father said, giving me the silver cup.

Before I could even reach for it, I hesitated with trembling arms. A frown was plastered on my face as I gazed up at them, "I...I can't touch that." I withdrew back my arm, clenching it tightly with my other hand.

We heard the tent open with Castriel coming to the view. "Castriel!" I smiled, feeling the sense of thrill from my body. He gave me a small smile back, though his eyes seemed puffy and his physique looking frail and weak.

He held a plastic cup and nudged it forward, I took it with both of my hands and sipped. "(Y/n)'s allergic to silver, it'll take her some time to recover from the curse that the ring gave her. But soon enough, she'll be human again." Castriel explained, my father whispered his apologies and took the silver cup away from my sight.

He looked down at my hand, holding it with his cozy hands, and inspected my ring finger. The ring was no longer in vision, I was free.

Castriel looked like he wanted to say something but he kept his lisp sealed, with eyes that only looked down on the beige, linen sheets. "Please give us a moment!" I turned to them. They all nod and went out of the tent and I gazed back at Castriel, caressing his cheek to make him look up at me.

"Is something wrong?" I asked with a frown. He pulled me into a hug and sobbed, "She's gone, (y/n). She's gone! The one who sees me as a brave person, the one who loves me, the one who..." his words trailed off and stayed quiet, pulling away and wiping the tears that fell from his cheek.

'I'm...I'm sorry...I'm so childish." he forced out a laugh, "Hey, I see you as a brave person," I smiled and wiped his tears away from his cheek, "When I saw you out there, no doubt did I just saw a sight of a knight!" I added, continuing with how I saw. How brave he was when he slashed those vampires.

It was all true. It may seem flattery to him, but it was just the truth. A knight. Castriel had calmed down and stared at me with a flustered look on his face, "Th...thanks, (y/n)." he whispered.

I heard Norah calling my name from outside as I got up from the bed, "Oh, Norah's calling for me, do you mind--" Castriel clutched on my wrist and pulled me to his arm, giving me a tight hug. I froze for a second, feeling shocked from the sudden movement but eventually gave a soft smile.

I stroke his back in a circular motion, whispering reassurance through his ear. "You'll be all right, I promise," I said as he let go of me, staring into my eyes. "Thank you...again." he avoided my gaze, embarrassed by his action. I put a hand to his shoulder and chuckled, "You're welcome, Castriel." I replied and went out of the tent.

"(Y/n)! Finally!" Norah waved, wrapping her arms around my neck once more while I staggered backward. "Is everything okay?" I asked, looking at my family and her.

"Well..." she stepped back, fiddling with her fingers. Before she could utter out a word, we heard Castriel calling out my name. I turned around to see him with a leather book, "I...I'm sorry if I'm interrupting but I forgot to give you this..." he leaned the leather book forward.

"What's this?" I asked in curiosity, "My father's book!" my mother gasped and went towards it. My eyes widen in response and saw her eyes becoming teary with a plastered frown, "Grandfather's...book?" I repeated the words in disbelief.

"It's a book about vampires, your grandfather had all the knowledge we needed to fight back those beasts." Castriel explained while my mother scanned through each page, "Your grandmother was right in the beginning, (y/n).we should have listened to her!" my mother sobbed.

Dad pulled her back, trying to calm her nerves down.

Before I could say a word to Castriel, I felt a sudden heartbeat, rhythming with my own. I turned around and took a step forward, feeling the same heartbeat. With each step that I took towards Norah, the more I felt it against my chest.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Castriel call my name in worry, "Are you okay?" he asked from behind and stopped me with a hand. "A heartbeat. I can feel it." I said, "Are you sure it just isn't your?" he asked with a raised brow.

I shook my head no for an answer. "Feeling one's heartbeat...that's an uncommon trait for a vampire, (y/n). Feeling someone's heartbeat is rare from what I read, you're rare!" Castriel said in a gasp, "It's a boy!" I accidentally shouted with a thrill.

"Norah, it's a boy! I can feel it!" I went closer, touching her tummy as I felt the heart beating. "You told her?" Norah turned to Alex, smacking him over the head. "No I didn't!" he said, scratching the back of his head.

"I can sense it, Norah!" I chuckled with a smile, "I'm going to be an auntie!" I looked up at them and she nods.

5 years later...

Years had passed and we eventually moved out of that place as soon as possible. We never told any of our relatives what had happened in hopes of moving on. Alex and Norah got married a year later after that incident and had three beautiful children of their own.

Until today, I could no longer stand the fright of even watching or reading anything at the topic of vampires. "(Y/n), darling!" I heard the same, gentle voice of an old woman as I turned away from the balcony.

"Grandma!" I ran towards her with open arms, hugging her tightly. I moved to my own home now and had been staying in touch with Castriel and the other campers. Vampires had never shown any signs of appearance as well, I suppose they were finally extinct from this universe.

My grandmother was quickly released after we went back to our home. My mother and grandmother's relationship blossomed over time and cleared all of their misunderstanding.

I suppose there's a beautiful outcome of these crazy adventures. It's one of the reasons that my family's conflict finally came to an end and how I finally made some friends that didn't hurt me.

My life was finally turning into something good, a life that I always wanted.

I glanced at the glass table from the corner, the red ruby gleaming through my eyes. A ring that reminded me of him, the person I once opened my heart to.

"Perseus"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘾𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘿𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙧𝙚 (𝙔𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚!𝙑𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙓 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧) 🎉