Chapter 8

Perseus's POV

"Bye, Perseus!" Norah waved a hand, I waved back and stared as she walked away. "did the notorious serial killer just kissed his victim?" a woman said in a singsong matter. I turned around and looked at her mysterious, purple eyes, "Were you stalking me, Claudia?" I asked.

She twirled her long, straight dark brown hair around her finger and walked towards me. Her hips swayed side to side as her eyes gleamed, Claudia rests her hand to my shoulder and a smirk formed on her red stained lips.

"Are you going to turn the poor girl a monster like you did to me?" she tilt her head to the side, leaving my question unanswered but I already knew it was a yes. I touched her hand, holding it tight and bending it in a swift motion, hearing a crack.

She winced as I shrugged her broken wrist off of my shoulder, "You were an accident, Claudia. You're a mistake." I replied back with brows furrowed.

Claudia laughed, her broken wrist regenerating back to normal. "Lady Makaria would decapitate you if she finds out you're in love with your victim, Perseus," Claudia looked at me, her smug smirk not vanishing "I would definitely attend the event." she laughed.

I prowl towards her, my hand ready to break her neck. Claudia moved away in a speed of light, "You'll never catch me, Perseus." Claudia laughed as the wind began to pick up speed.

A fog of black smoke appeared beneath her feet as it blocked away her figure. The smoke vanished, Claudia was no longer in sight but a bat that flew away.

I glared at Claudia and walked to the opposite direction, back to (y/n)'s home.

I stared at her face, her eyes closed with beautiful, long and luscious eyelashes. She looked like the version of sleeping beauty. I put her hair behind her ear.

My eyes gleamed just from looking at her exposed neck, the addicting smell lingering through the air. I breathe it all in, wanting my teeth to dig in and cherish her blood.

I exposed my fangs, leaning close to her neck as she turned her head to the side. I stopped close to her neck, feeling something wrong.

It was like an imaginary barrier and for the first time in centuries, I felt myself hesitate. I felt her body move, her lovely face suddenly facing me with closed eyes.

(Y/n) frowned as if something was a bother. I felt my eyes gleamed through the darkness of her room, as it turned vivid red. I  went inside her dreams, passing through with the black void shunned to my eyes. I turned around and saw a man slapping her across the cheek.

Unexpectedly, for the first time I felt something inside me. And it was a feeling I've never felt before...anger. I felt the rage stirring inside me, I wanted to kill him. I wanted to feast om his blood and limbs. But I'm no cannibal.

I felt my nails starting to sharpen, I was enraged. Whatever this is, I felt the need to protect (y/n). Before I could even interfere with her dreams, I looked away as I was back to her room. I felt the light peeking through her slightly opened curtains. I felt myself feeling weak and I quickly moved away. I looked at the paper bag beside me, I picked up the book from inside as I raised a brow.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians it read. I quickly put the book back in the paper bag when I heard (y/n) yawn. I looked back to the window, seeing the sun made me feel weak and vulnerable. I went out of the room in a bolt, taking the sunlight as a sign to go.