Chapter 15

I looked at the mirror with my (f/c), fine, Atlanta linen dress, it draped down to my knees with puffy sleeves that made me feel like a princess. I stopped doting on my figure and instead felt something, maybe the sense of culpability of even going after the horrid rejection I did.

I was too late to turn a blind eye, the only thing I could do now was go out there with a chin up and act like nothing happened yesterday. I pat down the skirt as I tried busying myself from the guilt that lurked behind the shadows. I wore the ruby ring Perseus gave me, wearing it would be a sign of appreciation.

I opened the window to let the cool air in, the sight of the moon, an orb of soft light emitting from the night sky full of glistening glitters of stars was soothing to the eyes and I couldn't help but feel safe in its celestial beauty.

Just as I thought I had amity by my side, a piece of rock flung inside my room, landing on the bed. I hastily looked outside, only to see a figure with a jet black hoodie up to its head that moved expeditiously. At first, I wasn't able to see him with his hoodie mingling with the dark.

It was a freaky sight to see, and I feel unsafe with someone like that lurking in the night. I gathered up scraps of bravery and picked up the rock with a folded parchment taped on it. The ink seemed to be seeping through from how thin the paper was.

Don't go out. It read in bold writing, there seems to be a few spots of ink stains on the paper. This must be some prank of Alex, he always planted vexatious tricks on me and this is no different. Definitely.

I went to Alex's other room in a hurry, having no time to slack around. "Alex, what is thi-" I stopped my sentence midway, I almost choked on my words when I saw the sight in front of me. Norah waved awkwardly with her top barely on while she sat on Alex's lap, "(Y/n)!" Alex yelled.

I scurried off out of the room and felt myself feeling flustered, "Use protection!" I said but was louder than I had anticipated. A thud was heard at the door, I assumed it was Alex throwing something as a sign to go away.

Norah seemed to show up out of the blue, they never mentioned about her coming over. But this answered my suspicions, which means that Alex wasn't the culprit. It made my heart palpitate for a second when I heard the door rang.

I quickly went down the stairs and opened the door, I was greeted with six fresh roses tied in a knot of a red, silky ribbon. Looking at Perseus, he wasn't in his usual attire but instead in a suit. "You didn't tell me we were going to something formal." I sighed, "A lady like you deserves a classy dinner," he winked.

He took my hand, and a smile curved to his face. "I'm glad you're wearing the ring I gave you, (y/n)." Perseus led me to his vehicle and drove off.

"We have 2 hours before your curfew, (y/n). I promise to bring you back before twelve."

"Rules are meant to be broken, Perseus. I can stay out as long as I want." I replied back, "What made you say that?" he raised a brow, I couldn't see if he was even lucky at me as the rearview mirror was closed.

"Just seems fun." I smiled. Really, I just wanted to escape from those terrors at night. The thought of even staring at nothing but the pitch dark walls was more than one can stand. I would have been hearing boisterous sounds of bed creaking and other noises tonight too, I consider myself lucky for this one.

We arrived in front of an Italian restaurant, the place was innumerable with people and rendezvous. The waiters hastily going over to table after table, with multiple trays stacking up to each ones hands. The place was impeccably clean, and the cold, beige marble stone was reflected with the dim, yellow, red and green lights from above the ceiling. The walls were a solid, pearly white with different paintings hanged on the panel in each table.

When we finally got to sat down, I let Perseus order for me. I was galvanized with his fluency in Italian, as if he spoke the language daily. He clasped his hands together and looked at me with a smile, "Perseus, isn't this too much?" I frowned.

"Hm, I don't think so." he replied back. I fiddled with my thumbs, a growing habit whenever I felt anxious. "Well...we're not exactly...you know.." I shrugged my shoulder, lacking the words I wish to speak.

"I'll do anything for you, I can wait." he said with eagerness, squeezing my hand with his bitterly-cold touch. I withdrew my hand from his touch, leaving me with a feeling of scintilla.

The dinner was a delectable meal, I only wished for it to last forever. "Where do you wanna go next, (y/n)?" Perseus asked, "Let's go stargazing." I replied back with a clap.

"Stargazing?" he tilt his head, he looked puzzled. I only nod my head, thrill rushing through my body. The last time I went stargazing was 5 years before my family and I moved here. Every second of it was amazing, it was the greatest trip we ever did.

"I know a place." Perseus let's out a quiet laugh.

When we got out of the car, the wind promptly brushed through me. We were at the top of a hill, there was a chipping, white fence to keep us from falling and the beautiful city lights glimmering below us. The cars we're as tiny as an ant, and the buildings looked like miniatures from up here. This was the best spot for looking at the sky.

I laid on the picnic blanket that Perseus seemingly got, hearing the rustling of the grass through my ear. Perseus laid beside me, looking at me at the corner of his eyes.

The night sky was aglow with the bright city lights, the pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw. The stars winked at me in the beautiful black sky, all a glitter in heavenly finery that stretched above.

The stars reminded me I was never alone, and I'll never do things alone. Something inside of me felt the invisible weight on my shoulders temporarily lift, I looked at Perseus who stared at the beautiful sky with a look of amazement.

"I can stay here for so long." I smiled, "So can I." he replied back softly, reaching my hand below. Our fingers intertwined together, feeling his cold touch under my skin, he never seems to go warm. "I love you, (y/n)." he looked at me with an unfeigned smile.

"I...I love you too, Perseus." the words came out natural, a part of it felt right but another felt like it was something wrong. Either way, I leaned close to him. Our lips touched as I felt my heart going ablaze, he slowly went on top of me, I caressed his cheeks and finally gave in to this warm feeling that I held for so long.

I could feel the vibration of my phone beside me but I ignored it, our tongue fighting over which one to have dominance. We looked into each other's eyes, pulling away. His eyes flickered to the shade of crimson red, when I blinked it was gone.