Chapter 17

I sat there on the couch, dozing off while grandma told stories. She told me about her stories before, and it only gave me a hint of nostalgia from how much beguile I was when I was just a child.

The stories she tells always goes by on how vampires can deceive you from their charms and wits. But behind those charms was a beast, with sharp claws for nails and gleaming crimson red eyes for vision. Their length would grow drastically with an abnormal arch of thin legs and seeping ribcages, and fangs as sharp as knives that are ready to quench on their prey's blood.

Their backs would burst with wings that take after bats. They stretch down to their elongated knees and catch after their palatable meals.

She would also tell me how one of her comrades found the nest of the vampires, where the bloodsucking creatures lives began in. Of course, I never got to see him. She told me that his remains was never found. Rummaging through his belongings with desperation to find him, she instead found a book that told her everything.

Norah seemed to be full of fascination with my grandma's stories, though I couldn't say the same with Alex. He was as bored as I was with eyes that dared to close on him, his back slouching against the couch while grandma scolds him to sit up straight numerous times. At least he was an entertainment for me.

I heard my phone vibrate on my hand, I flinched. I felt two eyes lay on me, when I looked up it was grandma with a scrutinize look on her face.

I pulled my eyes away from her and instead on my phone, open the door? it read as I rose up from the couch. Grandma stopped with a serene look on her face, "What's wrong, dear?" she asked softly. I bit my bottom lip down and saw my mother walking towards the door, when the door opened I hurtled my way there.

To my demise, I was too late to cover the door and was instead met with twelve lovely red roses. My room would probably be a rose garden at this state. "May I come in? Its really hot out here," Perseus complained, combing through his raven hair. I felt my heart skipped a beat and I bit down a squeal after remembering what happened yesterday night.

We met each others gaze, but it was only in a matter of seconds that I looked away. "For you, lovely." he winked "More roses? I might as well start a shop, you know?" I joked, Perseus gave a smile in response. I took the bouquet of twelve roses and heard Norah squeal.

I turned around to see her clapping her hands quietly while grandma sat there with a stern look on her face, her eyes going up and down to Perseus's figure. I gulped. "Mom, why is Perseus here?" I asked in a whisper, "I invited him over, I wanted him to meet your grandma!" she replied back with a smile on her face.

I heard grandma's orange pumps clicking on the cold marble stone floor, making her way towards us with a somber expression. "Ah, you must be Perseus?" She gave a small smile, but it only felt intimidating. Perseus gave a closed-eyed smile "Yes, I hope I'm no bother." he replied back.

She looked at Perseus up and down, before she could even touch the collar of his shirt he stepped back. "I can fix that, I'm very sorry." he remained his composure and fixed his wrinkled collar.

Grandma gave a rhadamanthine nod, though Perseus only remained nonchalant about the situation. The room felt eerie with them standing in front of each other, as if they were trying to figure out something.

"Why don't you escort Perseus to the dining area? He must be hungry! We already ate, so I hope you don't mind." mom broke the cumbrous silence. "No thank you, Mrs. (L/n). I already ate." Perseus softly replied back.

We sat down on the couch and grandma went to the kitchen. I let out a sigh of relief and turned to Perseus who was just beside me, "I'm really sorry about her." I frowned. His hand laid on top of mine, his soft, yet cold touch made me quaver.

I could smell the fresh baked cookies from the kitchen, the aroma dallying through the air with creamy chocolate goodness. Grandma came out with a plate of cookies and placed it down on the coffee table in front of us.

Alex reached for a taste and grandma slapped his hand, "Considering we have a new guest here, let's give him the first bite." she looked up at Perseus with a grin. Perseus gave a hint of vexation but quickly dissipate in seconds. "Of course." he replied and took a cookie, he opened his mouth to take a bite. I was surprised with his abnormal looking fangs, it was oddly sharp and could probably pierce through my skin.

"How was it?"

"Delicious." Perseus answered back, Alex was about to reach once more but grandma slapped his hand. "Ow." Alex let's out, "A cookie for the lovely lady?" She reached out and gave Norah a cookie, her face says it all. Unlike Perseus, she was more expressive with how the cookies taste and grandma seems to be fond of it.

"Mother, how long will you be here?" Asked my mom, "Five days, Victoria." grandma answered back toneless. "What? I thought its just for two-" mom nudged dad's stomach as I heard him groan and glared at my grandma. She looked back at him and chuckled darkly. "May I ask why, mother?" mom moved forward, "I smell a leech roaming around here, and I will take matters onto my own hands." she glared at Perseus who didn't even flinched.

Perseus looked at me, "Want a bite?" he nudged a cookie forward. Before I could even answer, he put it on my mouth. I glared at Perseus, seeing him quite entertained as he pinched my cheek. He didn't even bother finishing it on his own, what a waste.

Grandma clasped her hands together, "Now! I think we all look lovely together and I just can't help but feel the need to take a picture with all of us whole!" she clapped and took out a polaroid from her purse. Perseus rose from the seat with a hand up, "I'll take the picture." Perseus insisted.

"Oh please, I'll do it!" Grandma protested, waving her hand. I could feel the heat from the both of them, Perseus was far from being tranquil and soon enough I feel his composure would snap. "Perseus will do it, grandma! He's a good photographer." I smiled, stopping the tension between them.

She always had a weak spot for me, I know better than for her to say no. "Oh, fine." she sighs and gave Perseus the polaroid, the flash blinded me as Perseus took the photo.

Grandma kept nudging in between our conversation and it increasingly made me lose my patience. I dragged Perseus to my room, closing it behind us. "Finally, away from her." I mumbled to myself but I knew Perseus heard it when he let out a quiet laugh.

His fingertips touched my chin. I looked up at him, my back pressing against the door. I felt myself feeling flustered, his eyes drawing me in. His lips crashed against mine, the passion drove me insane. I wrapped my hands around his neck, witch every kiss he said his I love you's.

He turned me around and walked to my bed, pushing me down as I sat on the comfy mattress. He caressed both of my cheeks and looked into my eyes, "You're mine now, right?" he asked and I nod "Yes." I laughed. He gave me another kiss, "Good," he replied back in a mumble.

"I have a surprise for you, (y/n). Come downstairs at midnight." he kissed my forehead as he left my room.