Chapter 27

An air of melancholy surrounded me, as I was not met with the (e/c) eyes that gave me the inclination. "Are you here to fuck up my plans, Claudia?" I glared, hearing Norah from behind struggling from her binds.

"Of course! Why would I be here without destroying you?" she laughed, her heels clicking on the marble stone on each step she took while she twirled her fingers to her straight, dark brown hair. Her eyes widen and stopped from her steps abruptly, "Oh! right...your majesty." she bowed her head down with a scoff.

"Are you taunting the prince, Claudia? Have respect!" Gisele hissed, taking a stride forward with a claw. Claudia jumped backwards to the door, she swiftly went left as Gisele left a huge scratch on the door.

I put a palm to my forehead, already fed up with their shit. "What do you want from me, Claudia?" I asked, beckoning Gisele to stop. Claudia went towards me, her grip to my tie as she pushed me forward.

"Free (y/n)'s family, you sick fuck." she replied back, looking at my eyes with fiery. "No." was the only answer I gave her, "Stubborn freak," she pushed me away and stepped backwards, her eyes still on me as my eyes darted everywhere.

"Attack!' she shouted. My eyes went wide as the door opened, ravens and bats flew inside with mists appearing before them. In a blink, they all surrounded me in a circle. Looking at their familiar faces, they were all the people that gave a loathing look, the ones who didn't like me as the prince.

Honestly, a title means no difference.

I sighed, letting out a laugh. "You think I'm scared by all of you?" I stepped forward, their eyes gleaming red. They didn't answer and instead lunged forward with their sharp claws, ready to cut me up into pieces.

I took a step back and leaped off of the floor, I pushed my body backwards to the door. The others went to (y/n)s family, unbinding them from their seat. "Why are you helping such fools go free? Are you stupid?" my voice echoed throughout the room but they only ignored me.

Claudia took a strike, her claw piercing through my cheekbone. I gripped her throat, pulling her up and throwing her to the wall. One of the men lunged after me from behind, with a claw I struck him.

He dodged the attack, striking me with his left claw to my back. With every smite, the fiery inside of me grew stronger.

My arms felt the heat, the energy going to a whirl inside of me. They all stepped back, a sudden gush of wind knocking them out. The curtains of every window coming to an open, a haze of dark fog protecting me from the scorching radiance.

They all groaned, while others ran towards me. "Kill the prince!" one shouted as they all turned to me, "Kill the prince!" they chanted in unison, surrounding me at the door. Imbeciles was what they were.

I turned around and opened the doors agape, the heat dawning through me. Even with the mist that protected me, the heat could still stand a chance of killing me. I could hear their painful cries, their footsteps retreating back.

I looked at my hand, the light emitting through it as I began to turn into dust. I backed away immediately and swiftly went inside the library.

I stared at my palms, withdrawing back the curtains from the library with a wave of a finger. My skin stopped crumbling, the dust disappeared as it started to take back into a shape of my hand. I stretched my arms, moving my fingers like a wave.

I went out of the room to see dusts everywhere, my eyes went wide open at the sight before me.

"WHERE ARE THEY!" I asked in a hoarse tone, my patience were running thinner with every plan of mine destroyed. I was getting engulfed with rage and I did not like that one bit.

Gisele coughed, pointing at the sun that came from every window and door. In a snap, I withdrew all of the curtains close and the door shut. I pulled Gisele up, taking her by the throat. "You useless garbage." I glared, her arms pleading for life as she struggled within my grasps.

In one bend, I heard a snap!

I let Gisele fall to the floor, her lifeless, decapitated body starting to crumble in every second.

(Y/n)'s POV

"Castriel, what do I do?" I asked while going back and forth in the small tent. He sat down there, sucking on a lollipop while I panic. "Castriel!" I shouted his name, trying to snap him out of his thoughts.

He took out the lollipop that dangled in his mouth and stood up, touching both of my shoulders to stop me from my tracks.

"Sit down, (y/n). You're making me dizzy." he rolled his eyes as we both sat down on the bed. "But--" he shushed me with his index finger, "We should talk to Miranda, maybe she knows what to do." Castriel nudged my shoulder and I sighed, plopping down on the bed in defeat to my exhausted mind.

"I...I don't know..." I looked at Castriel with a frown, "I don't even think she trusts me anymore, Castriel. She thinks I'm a monster!" I cried as Castriel shushed me once more, glancing at the tent.

"Okay, fine. How about we sneak to your house? Check what's up?" he whispered, "Fine." I replied back and he smiled. He fist bumped my shoulder and stood up, "Cheer up, yeah?" he chuckled.

We heard Caleb calling for Castriel as he glanced at me, "I'll be back, gotta catch up with Caleb. He's in pretty bad shape, I told him he shouldn't have picked that damn claws." he mumbled the last sentence to himself with a following sigh.

"Tell him to get better for me." I laughed, he nod in response and went out of the tent with a wave. After a few minutes of silence, I went out of the tent for fresh air.

A lot gathered wood while the others chilled beside the bonfire, Miranda dipped stakes at her cauldron and the other individuals sharpened their tools and chopped logs.

A few only glanced, while the other gave me a smile or a greeting. Even then, some completely gave away that they didn't want me here. After all, I knew deep inside that the war happened because of me and for that, they lost a lot of their comrades lives.

I walked away, walking towards outside their territory. I glanced back, seeing Miranda busying herself in the tent. I quickly rushed out of there, going a bit farther away. The sun was out bright, and it made me feel safe.

"Just a couple of minutes of being alone would be fine." I said to myself, sighing as I sat down behind a tree trunk. The tree across twirled with the tree behind me, making a roof above my head. I laid my back, closing my eyes and breathing in the fresh breeze.

"Oi." I heard someone call out. I flinched and staggered backwards, when I opened my eyes I finally let out a breath. "Claudia?" I said her name, relief rushing through me as her eyes glowered in front of me.

"Knew I'd find you here." she sat across from me, crossing her legs. "Claudia, Perseus took my family!" I sat back straight with a frown, my eyes darting in her direction. "I took them, (y/n)." she replied back as she doted on her nails.

"You...you did?" I raised a brow, coming closer to her face. A smirk curved to her lips and nod, her sharp nails stroke my cheek gently as she caressed it, her cold, firm touch made my heart skip a beat.

"And there's a price to pay, (y/n)." her purple eyes gleamed, looking down at my lips.

"What do you--" before I could even finish, she pulled me close and crashed her lips against mine.