19. Brothers For Life.

Apollo pov

Apollo pov.

I woke up at about 9 or 10am the next day. Johnny wasn't around which kind of upset me.

I sit up and rub the sleep out of my eye while glancing around my room. It was cleaner than last night, the shirt I took off was folded and onto of my pile of laundry, my shoes were neatly to the side, the rubbish from me and Dylans movie nights were in my bin and my bed was made perfectly around me.

I smile and reach to my bedside table for my phone.

As I reach over I notice a small scab forming below the inside of my elbow from the heroin shot.

I chose to ignore it and check my notifications. There was a few YouTube uploads, Instagram follows and tweets. But there was a message from Johnny.

I quickly unlock my phone and open the message.

🖤Jo-Pollo🖤
'Hey, sorry to leave you alone but I had to check on my mom. Your probably just up so 'good morning!' I left you a little something at the bottom of your bed. See you soon baby. - Johnny'

I blush and look to the bottom of my bed. All I could see from my position was something black and cotton.

I quickly jump out of bed and race to see the gift.

I pick up the item and grin. It was Johnny's favourite shirt.

It was his black Iron Maiden tank top

It was his black Iron Maiden tank top. Im amazed he gave me this, he always wears it. I always say how awesome he looks wearing it.

I squeal slightly and pull it over my bare chest. I take a deep breath and grin, it smelled just like him.

It was slightly big on me but I dont mind. It reached my thighs instead of waist and the arm holes went halfway down my side.

I smile to myself and walk out my room. I go to the bathroom since we have a huge mirror in there. I take a mirror selfie of me doing a goofy face while showing off the shirt.

I send it to Johnny with a few black hearts and leave the bathroom.

I walk past the living room and snort back a Laugh at the sigh. Dylan layed spread across two couches covered in a selection of biscuits, sweets and cereal. Netflix had that stupid 'are you still watching?' Pop-up with mean girls paused in the background.

"im best friends with a weirdo" I mutter and make myself some toast. Once it was ready I spread some strawberry jam on top.

I take a big bite and lay the other slices on a plate ans make my way back to my room.

As I pass Leo's room I hear sniffling. I stop immediately mid-chew. I go quiet to hear the sound better.

A few choked sobs make my protectivness kick in. I place my plate on the unit in the hall and rush to Leo's room.

Without thinking I push open the door. My brother sits on his bed with a bottle of Whiskey in one hand and an old photo of Ricky in the other.

"leo" I whisper. His head shoots up to look at me. His eyes were bloodshot and teary, his hair was messy and untamed and his clothes looked like they hadn't been changed in days.

"What are you doing here?" he asks quietly through the Tears.

"checking up on my brother"

"I should be the one checking up on you. I-I just really miss Ricky" his voice cracks and he starts breaking down. I quickly rush over to him.

He leans into me as he cries uncontrollably. I wrap my arms around him and gently sooth him.

"It's okay, I'm here. I'm here." I whisper and rub circlea on his back.

About four or five minutes later he had calmed down but stayed in my arms.

"he was our best friend, Pollo. And now he's gone" Leo whispers.

"he's not gone. He's never gone, he's right here" I lean down and point to his heart. "Ricky is always with us. He wouldn't want us to be sitting around mourning him, would he? He would want us to keep going in his memory. He'll always be our best friend even if he's not here all the time."

"Really?" he whispers. I nod with A small smile. "I'm sorry, Pollo. I've been an arsehole the last few days"

"what do you mean?" he pulls away and wipes his eyes.

"I've been ignoring you, i didnt even think how you were handling al of this. I'm such a wanker." he sighs.

"no, your not, Leo. Your the best brother I could ask for. Ricky was our best friend. I understand"

"thanks, Pollo. So, are you okay?" he looks at me through tears and a quivering lip.

"I-I, uh, yeah. I really miss him but from the 20 years I've know him, I'm sure he wouldn't want us making a fuss over him. He'd want us to stay strong and carry on in his honour." I say truthfully. He nods and let's me wipe away his tears.

"thank you, Pollo. I love you so much" I lean over and kiss his head before hugging him again. "Pollo?"

I hum in reply and run my fingers through his hair.

"where'd you get that shirt?" he pulls away and looks at it. "remember when we were younger, Dad used to play is all of Iron Madiens songs on his electric guitar. He showed us how to play...what song was it?"

"run to the hills"

"yeah, I still remember to this day. We played it for the school talent show, then we get runners up to Melanie Jones." he laughs at the memory.

"she only won because her fish died and she wouldn't stop crying." I add.

"but it was still awesome. Ricky came to all of our rehearsals. Remember? He even danced along to make us less nervous." Leo continues.

"yeah, he really is amazing. He's the greatest manger we've ever had...hes also our only manager, but he's still amazing"

"agreed. So, where'd you get the shirt? ." he repeats the question a bit more upbeat.

"oh, Johnny" he slightly smiles to himself "what?"

"Pollo, do you like Johnny?" he asks softly. I just nod. "dose Johnny like you back?"

I nod again.

"w-were together." I avoid eye contact. He grins and ruffles my hair.

"I knew you liked him. I also knew you were into guys" he chuckles.

"what? How?"

"I saw you the night of the first day of tour. While me, Dylan and Lily were fucking girls I saw you with the dudes. And anyway, I see the way you look at that wanker with fucking hearts in your eyes." I blush at his worlds.

"do you mind?"

"as long as he dosent break your heart." he hugs me briefly then we sit in silence. A few minutes later I break the quiet.

"cup of tea?"

"go on then"

_____________________________